CL 500 insurance?

• Thread starter Deleted member 131833
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 131833

while I love driving my car, Petrol is not a problem as being retired I do few miles per annum
However I get jittery in busy traffic in case some dopey git hits the car and the damage is enough to write the car off as far as insurance company is concerned.

I would probably have car repaired using parts from breaker to keep car as I know history of car and have repaired and serviced car to give me confidence that it unlikely to break down(fingers crossed!)

Anybody any experience of insurance claims?

If you use the search function, you'll find there's been many threads on claims. What a lot of them will tell you is if your car is hit, don't let them take the car away to assess the damage as you'll never get it back.

while I love driving my car, Petrol is not a problem as being retired I do few miles per annum
However I get jittery in busy traffic in case some dopey git hits the car and the damage is enough to write the car off as far as insurance company is concerned.

I would probably have car repaired using parts from breaker to keep car as I know history of car and have repaired and serviced car to give me confidence that it unlikely to break down(fingers crossed!)

Anybody any experience of insurance claims?

I believe if its written off, you are the given the option to 'buy it back' and do as you wish with the car. As long as its a Cat C or D it can be repaired.

Relax and enjoy driving it :cool:

Get an agreed value policy. If it's a light hit, they will fix it because it costs too much to pay out and if it's been hit hard, you might not want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom