Cl 65.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Spotted this CL65 for sale.

OK, so the wheels are in the advert itself which explains the change of wheels.

This car mostly wears a GF60FSE number plate but I can't see anything that explains the random second to last picture of what I suspect is a CL500, which has a different number plate and different front bumper.

How strange.

MOT history doesn't really backup "An immaculate car , treated with respect" either.

Advert??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unless he has changed some of the pics since you posted, it looks like the same car and plate on the 2nd last pic, unless I am missing something?
Haven't checked the history but it does look stunning with that interior!

Not sure Mercedes would have put those front discs on it...

Paint looks a bit suspect on the front wing and door in the pic with the V12 badge.

Kenny

126K miles too, I'm sure the engine isn't really that stressed or the adjoining components but I'd be wary. Although few and far between the odd one has come up for under £40K and like mine has 40K miles, one went the other day with 36K miles for £38K. Not sure about the red painted callipers either maybe someone specified it but it looks crap. The interior looks nice but again enlarge the seat bolster and you can see wear (am I being too picky) plus I had a Lotus with a magnolia interior and it was a nightmare to keep clean.

I think it's the same dealer I went to look at an SL 55 ages ago.

Not sure Mercedes would have put those front discs on it...

Just noticed that too, look like £60 replacements which would ring alarm bells with me as to what else may have been done on the cheap.
Well that's just about torn this car to shreds hasn't it.

I bought my previous CL600 from this dealer. In case anyone's interested, I found him honest, straightforward and helpful.

Sorry, forgot the ad. See below.

Scratched interior trim too looks "unloved".

I also noticed the discs were wrong.

@BernardB - my original post wasn't criticising the current vendor but rather the owner.

Mercedes-Benz CL 6.0 CL65 AMG 2dr

Nice looking car but calipers and discs slightly off putting, although could be changed easily enough. Probably on at least its second set of discs and at £1500 ish a pair I wonder whether the cheapies have been put on to sell the car. MOT history is a bit patchy and what you would expect on a daily hack vaguely maintained ie tyres ball joints links. Presumably all this has been attended to though. Mileage also a touch off putting and you might expect a lot of stone chips. Still if there are only 3 others out there find another. (having said this one of them ( 2014 ) appears to have surfaced in Preston) Price doesn't seem out of the way either.

Nice looking car but calipers and discs slightly off putting, although could be changed easily enough. Probably on at least its second set of discs and at £1500 ish a pair I wonder whether the cheapies have been put on to sell the car. MOT history is a bit patchy and what you would expect on a daily hack vaguely maintained ie tyres ball joints links. Presumably all this has been attended to though. Mileage also a touch off putting and you might expect a lot of stone chips. Still if there are only 3 others out there find another. (having said this one of them ( 2014 ) appears to have surfaced in Preston) Price doesn't seem out of the way either.

Any links to the one in Preston?

Any links to the one in Preston?
Only info I have is that it has been bought by someone in Preston. Only heard about it through a regular attender at the Phantom Winger meetings. I had hoped it would show up at the meeting last Sunday but didn't. Rare car if it is in fact what its supposed to be. Will take a snap if I see it.

There are two cars for sale on Autotrader at the moment, both a far better buy. Strange thing with these cars because you don't see one for ages then three turn up at once.

I'm a big fan of the service plan, had my car serviced at Brooklands. Excellent service and health check, no big problems a typical B service was £800.
Still really loving this car.

Last edited:
Presume you paid for the service plan upfront otherwise the T&C s require 3 monthly payments before first service so MB told me.

Presume you paid for the service plan upfront otherwise the T&C s require 3 monthly payments before first service so MB told me.

I took the 12 month 2 service option. I'm never sure if I will keep a car more than a year, so when MB made the follow up call regarding the plan they ran through all of the options and I opted for the £80 a month plan that includes the B and A service. I then have the option at the end of the term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom