CL flat battery, can't open boot How to

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dazzr

Car
01 cl500
More of a tip than question. Anyway battery was flat on the car today because of interior light being left on. There is no way of jumping the car. No terminal under bonnet. Interweb says under passenger carpet and alloy plate there is a jumper point which there isn't. (S class there is). Didn't fancy trying to put power though central locking fuse so.
1. Unlock boot with key and slightly lift
2. Needs 2 people
3. Left both corners of boot lid nearest rear screen SLOWLY
4. Once corners are at opening height gently left boot in the centre only enough to get shoulder in
5. You should then be able to remove cover for battery
Terminal nearest light cluster is negative.
6. Jump start as normal.
Battery terminals are 10mm bolts
Reason for this write up is because I couldn't find any way on google that had a answer for this.
Car concerned is 2001 cl500 with auto (electric) boot open/closer

Part 2.
Auto close windows and ABS warning and ESP WARNING
After battery has been charged the widows do not close once doors are shut. To reset.
Sit inside the car with engine running, fully open 1 window at a time and then fully close just pressing button in the 1st click rather than auto close. Once window is fully up hold button in fully up position. This worked for me. There is under drivers side rear seat a black box that you unplug the 2 connections for 5 minutes and this also resets windows.
ABS & ESP warning message on dash will reset after about 500m or the famous, turn car off leave 10 seconds and then restart.

ABS & ESP warning message on dash will reset after about 500m or the famous, turn car off leave 10 seconds and then restart.

My errors are cleared by just steering full lock to lock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom