cl55 without f1 gear shift on steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomCL55

Hi bought another cl55 kompressor but this one has no f1 paddles ( heated steering instead ) does anyone know if the wires/connectors should be there to swap out the heated wheel to the f1 type steering wheel. Thanks guys. Tom

Im assuming it's the non Kompressor version? If so I believe these weren't available with the flappy paddles. To fit them wouldnt be an easy task as I doubt the wiring will be there.
I have the paddles on my CL55 and my Bmw and to be honest you're not really missing much.

As it's a kompressor it will have the manual paddle shift wiring etc.

I would bet that a previous owner removed the rather nasty OEM steering wheel and replaced it with a heated version from the CL600/Cl500 or similar.

If you remove the airbag and cover on the wheel I bet the wiring will be there.

You can either replace the wheel with an OEM one or (a better option) add the buttons to the current wheel. If you want paddles as opposed to buttons you will need a converter from Command.

In future I'll read the whole post before commenting ;-D.

I agree with the above comment, as it is the Kompressor version it should have the paddles. Therefore the wiring will be there.

Thanks guys my last cl55 had them so want the paddle shift again. I will have a look if wiring is there. The hard thing would be locating a steering wheel

Thanks guys my last cl55 had them so want the paddle shift again. I will have a look if wiring is there. The hard thing would be locating a steering wheel

Not as hard as you might think. There's a few w220/w215 amg steering wheels with paddles on Ebay international at the moment for under £250.

thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom