CL600 AMG Joy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tombadino

Car
cl600amg 2000
Thought I would give you an update of my ownership of the beloved CL600 (2001 vintage) I bought this car at the beginning of July after watching the infamous Top Gear prog where they bought the two luxury used vehicles for the price of a cheap new car. Fell in love with the one I bought, had a fantastic history with it including purchase price of over £90k when new. Driving this car is just like a dream , smooth , silent, luxurious, power on tap , and all the toys anyone could want. And the coupe looks fantastic.
Had to put it through the MOT this week and apart from a couple of new tyres on the back it sailed through with not so much as an advisory on it.
So far no oil used, no water, no other expense other than fuel and not a single concern. Had it checked out on the diagnostics which showed a completely clean bill of health. Obviously at some point in my ownership its gonna cost some dosh when things do go wrong so I have allowed a budget for this . Even so here I am driving a car that was almost £100k new for peanuts Even if it was to cost a few grand in repairs (which I dont think it will) it is still cheaper than driving a bog standard Ford without the depreciation involved when buying new. Am I a happy bunny at the moment?? YOU BET I AM !

cl 600 AMG joy

hi.. congrats..you're spot on with your post.. well done with your choice.. happy driving your new toy! :thumb:

You are a brave man indeed!

Good luck with the ownership.

Such deepness !

^ Not really brave if you buy it with your eyes open?

What's it worth? You go and buy a new Basic C class say and its losing if your lucky £3k a year probably a bit more..

So if you use the CL for 3 years and throw it away your even.

The OP's car sounds well looked after and service so if you allow £1500 a year in a 'pot' for repairs (on top of servicing, as you would have to service a brand new C class). If you do few miles and you find a good indy then surely it's not a bad way to travel.

Yes you are correct. The full AMG kit was specified by the original owner as an extra when purchased.

I look at the Cl from time to time and think how good value for money they are. As A21o ANG says can we have some pics please?

Its definately a buyers market at the moment when it comes to big, luxury cars. The car sounds fantastic, enjoy !!:thumb:

Congrats on the MOT pass. Always a nervy time putting cars through the MOT

The pre turbo ones are the most reliable but they have all the CL issues to worry about... But then they are worth it..

Great buy and hope you enjoy years of top class driving. Is it right that the 2001 CL600 (pre bi-turbo) has cylinder de-activation to run on one bank of the V12? One piece of advice, get a warranty for it?
Mel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom