CLA Audio 20 iPhone Connectivity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLA180SPORT

Car
CLA 180
Hi guys!

First post and first time owning a Mercedes.

I take delivery of my CLA next Friday! Really looking forward to it.

The car is standard so comes with the Audio 20 system.

I know the car will play music through Bluetooth or usb etc, but I would like it a bit more integrated so I can see track details on the screen and be able to skip music etc as well as being able to charge the phone.

Would Mercedes ipod iPhone upto 4S to Media Interface CAble A0018278204 | eBay this cable work?

If so, could someone advise where this is connected and does it mean the iphone would have to be in the glovebox?

Thanks in advance!

The only way to get the full iPod control was to have specified the Media Interface. You can retrofit this *if* the Audio-20 you have is the one with CD changer (otherwise no fibre optic port)

The lead you link to is for the Mercedes Media Interface.

Richard

it doesn't have the changer so it looks like im stuck using bluetooth and 12v charging then?

Even if you connect via Bluetooth media the track lists will still show and you can still change track via the Comand wheel !!!!

Even if you connect via Bluetooth media the track lists will still show and you can still change track via the Comand wheel !!!!

Ah, didnt know that. Thats good enough for me. Thanks! :thumb:

Ah, didnt know that. Thats good enough for me. Thanks! :thumb:

I have the Comand online for My 2011 C Class Edition 125 but due to the Crappy way Samsung make there Phones the Media Interface doesn't work on My S4 so the only way to listen to my phones music is via Bluetooth Media. You need to tap on your phone the Album you wanna listen to but once on the file name appears on the screen and you can change track via the Comand wheel, it's only when you wanna change album you have to tap on your phone again

Hope this helps

Phones the Media Interface doesn't work on My S4

Not quite sure what you mean, but since since Android 4.3, I have been able to connect my Nexus 4 to the USB in the centre console. Then you can browse the music on your phone as if it is a USB drive and play them accordingly.

( I now have a Nexus 5)

Phones the Media Interface doesn't work on My S4

Not quite sure what you mean, but since since Android 4.3, I have been able to connect my Nexus 4 to the USB in the centre console. Then you can browse the music on your phone as if it is a USB drive and play them accordingly.

( I now have a Nexus 5)

Maybe a Samsung thing but I've tried connecting My S4 to the Comand via the USB and the Media Interface and t says no playable files, it's not my car as connecting a usb stick to the USB port works and so does connecting a iphone to the Media Interface.

I am in lengthy decisions with MB Head office in regards to getting a 2013 Comand system fitted

I am in lengthy decisions with MB Head office in regards to getting a 2013 Comand system fitted

HOW? Please elaborate, I would be interested too.

I emailed MB a few months ago when I found out newer C Class comand had Bluetooth PAN enabled but never received a response

About your S4 ... are you on 4.3 and I presume you have enabled USB mass storage instead of MTP

Last edited:
I have sent MB a Strongly worded Complaint over the Usability of the Comand Online on My 2011 C220 Sport Edition 125. I have explained that with My Phone I can't function both the Online and the Media Interface with My Galaxy S4, I told them I wasn't told this and if I knew in advance then I simply would of bought a Standard C Class Sport with the £495 Becker Pilot instead of the thousands more I paid for the Edition 125.

I was also advised one minute that if I got the System Upgraded that it would work and then, when I got the upgrade and it didn't work I was told it's simply coz it's a 2011 model and doesn't haven't the connectivity of a 2013 Unit.

If I've paid extra for a Car to have Media Interface and Online then I want it to work whatever cost it is to MB

Thanks, did you wrote to MB UK?

To whom!

BTW What upgrade did you get?

If I use a USB stick and organise it into folders of genres and albums etc, can I control this from the wheel and will albums and track info etc show up on the screen?

Thanks, did you wrote to MB UK?

To whom!

BTW What upgrade did you get?

I was told my Comand and Media Interface needed to get a Software update to get it to work but it didnt work so I contacted MB via email

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom