CLA price bump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A proper Marmite car :dk:.

This model has been a runaway success in the states evidently but less so here.

Perfectly undestandable IMO.

I think it damages the MB brand in the UK frankly. It has no place here.

And calling it a marmite car insults Marmite.:mad:

We have had quite a high demand for the CLA, especially the diesel auto AMG sport spec. Current waiting times for a new one ar around 3 months!

We have had quite a high demand for the CLA, especially the diesel auto AMG sport spec. Current waiting times for a new one ar around 3 months!

Nissan also sell a lot of Jukes.

There's no accounting for taste.

I suspect MB could take a Qashqai and stick an MB badge on it and as long as they didn't produce too many they would have a waiting list.

But then Toyota think showing some guy singing 'A Man with No Horse' in India is somehow representative of their market. (Stick a Hi Lux out on Dartmoor and it would be (a) valid and (b) truthful).

The CLA coupe is due a price bump in the states according to this article.

That's interesting as apparently there was a huge amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth from MB USA that the entry level price HAD to be under $30K and they've made a big feature of that in adverts.

I look upon the CLA as a kind of "abbreviated" CLS......nothing wrong with it IMO.

Each to their own I guess....

I was never sure if a market would exist for it, sitting size wise quite close to the C class, shows how much I know......

The shooting brake version looks better than a C class estate to though.... again IMO however......:cool:

ATB

With a front wheel drive chassis and a twin clutch preselect autobox it will certainly deliver a different driving experience from existing torque converter auto RWD Mercedes cars that's for sure. This may not figure so much for first time Mercedes buyers compared to previous Mercedes owners which is presumably where the car is targeted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom