CLA250 Any members own one - what is your experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjl

Car
2014 W212 E350 AMG Sport Bluetec Saloon BMW F800GT Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
I changed my CLK320CDI last year for an E350Bluetec. I like the E, it is a nice car but as the majority of the time I am the only one in the car I don't really need such a big car. I am comfortable with the car when it is motoring but when parking it and putting it in the garage you are aware of its size.
I like the look of the CLA but wouldn't consider a 4 pot diesel as to me they are like a tractor after the V6 diesel. Therefore, as I am now used to the power and torque of the V6 I think I would find the 1.6 petrol under powered so the 250 would seem a good choice without going to the A45.
I have tried searching on here for any posts on the CLA250 but it says there are none, but as I have never been able to find anything on here through the search engine I may not be using it correctly and if so maybe that should be another thread.
I have read that the smaller Mercedes cars are not as well made as the larger ones and as I will more than likely end up paying more for a CLA of similar age to my E class it does seem stupid to be even considering a CLA. Therefore, to help come to a decision I would be interested to hear from any CLA250 owners their experiences with the car. Also, is the basic engine block the same as that in the A45, but hopefully not with the higher running costs associated with AMG engines.

I was in the same boat as you, ended up going for the E purely for the quality and comfort of it, I did try the CLA however the interior felt a bit cheap, E felt much better, would have preferred the size of the CLA however as like you its only me in the car.

I think theres a gap in the market for a luxury E class level of car at smaller sizes, would love to get the wood trim etc on a smaller model.

I've driven the CLA250 and like it, it's just not very common. I currently run an A250 and feel it's got a good level of power.

It is the same basic engine as the A45, but with lower power and running costs. Have you tried to find one locally to drive?

Thanks Derek and JBD for your comments.

I haven't driven one yet and I am wintering in Spain until the beginning of March, so when I get back I will see if I can try one. I am in Northamptonshire but don't mind travelling to try it. The CLK came from Ashford and the E from Stratford upon Avon.
The big deciding factor would be how much I was offered for the E after only a years ownership as I usually keep my cars 5-6 years to reduce the depreciation costs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it would be another year or two before it would make economic sense if I did decide I would like the CLA.
JBD, if you want to enter my details in your black book so that if any favorable deals are available in the next 12-24 months on CLA's you could PM me and we could see if we could work out a deal.

PM me when you're back in the country and looking to buy and I'll do my best for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom