classic car rescue. ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theogeor

Car
B180 SE (w246), A160 (W169) Avantgarde, Porsche 911 (997 C2)
Channel 5. Restoring an old (or two) SL...

:eek: Featured a scruffy bearded scotch git who'd wrecked a perfectly good 107 fitting a diesel... Weird!

:D

I was thinking this, why would he do such a thing. Any ideas what engine he fitted?

DanMorgan said:
I was thinking this, why would he do such a thing. Any ideas what engine he fitted?

Notice that as well.. I know in the late 70s and 80s some people were fitting the 2.0 and 2.4 diesels and sometimes the 3.0d of the W123 (OM615/16/17)into different petrol Merc but never seen an SL before. (seen few SE/SELs ... and other w123 petrols). Even the OM617 will be strange for that car and painfully slow)

Theo

Because he can! It was our very own Druk. He fitted a 3.0TD (606?), and I'd be surprised if there isn't a thread here about it - a work of art! It was certainly well documented on the official Club forum.

The program was rubbish... What a bodge job!

Druks diesel al however has to be admired for the sheer craftsmanship and attention to detail that's gone into it. It's just as if the factory had done it.

For me nothing beats a v8 r107..

I thought it was a bit Supermario Brothers. Someone should have told "the professionals" :p that the first thing to look at on any R107 is the heater plenum chamber/front bulkhead. A couple of minutes on the internet would have told them that. :doh:
Its a bit WWF wrestling with cars for my taste.:fail

I found myself being quite angered by it. As someone who has restored and continues to restore both 107s and 113s I take great pride in my work. Having that lash up broadcast on national TV does nothing for the education of the enthusiast nor the reputation of the professional.
As for the valuation of the final product, well that at least did make me smile!

I found myself being quite angered by it. As someone who has restored and continues to restore both 107s and 113s I take great pride in my work. Having that lash up broadcast on national TV does nothing for the education of the enthusiast nor the reputation of the professional.
As for the valuation of the final product, well that at least did make me smile!

I don't think anyone in their right mind takes this sh!t program seriously.

I think this screen shot says it all.

Exactly. They've added this since last series, due, I suspect, to the very negative responses and comments from genuine classic car lovers and restorers after the many bodge jobs on series 1.

Entertainment only, with the same row every week and the "last minute problem and panic". Doesn't stop me watching it though!

I knew I should of gone to the SL Rally last year.... oh well.

It was a surprise to see Derek on the TV - As soon as I saw the bit where they were at the show I suspected his diesel 107 would feature :)

watchable programme, not to be taken seriously. I much prefer Wheeler Dealers and Car SOS though.

I agree - it really is a dreadful programme .

The comedy duo seem to have taken a lead from Laurel & Hardy in their series of 'how not to' themed films .

Actually , Stan & Ollie were at least fun to watch .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom