CLC180K W203 2008 - Oil Fumes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidclc180k

Hi Guys, Can anyone please advise?
Only recently bought this car with 55k on the clock. Apparently it's due a Service B in 8,600 miles according to the display.

My problem is that on stopping at lights, or pulling up at home, there is a very strong smell of burning oil through the vents. On lifting the bonnet, there is "some" blue smoke coming from near the manifold down pipe (I.e. To the left hand side as you face the engine). The smoke is not there all the time....just occasional small puffs as if a drop of oil is dripping now and then and burning off. I can't see further without ramps.

I cannot see any visible leaks from the cylinder gasket or head, so am assuming it must be from lower down. Otherwise the engine is very clean.

Anyone got any ideas please? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and thanks. Just had a look and they don't appear to be leaking. I'm sure it's engine oil, from somewhere! I guess I'm going to have to jack it up and get a lamp underneath.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

hope its not this but my clk had the same thing and it turned out to be the rear crankshaft oil seal.£460 to fix.if the oil is red its gearbox sensor seal,cheap to fix.

Thanks nik for the info. I'll take a look into that today and report back.

SOLVED: oil leak from rear of cylinder head by bulkhead. Required top end strip down and gaskets replaced. Happy boy now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom