Cleaning and protecting leather and interior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
This afternoon I set to cleaning the seats of the Coupe.
I thought what will be the best product to use to clean these, so opted for some diluted hard surface cleaner. I wont put a picture up, but it's £5 for 5 litres, dilute 100:1.
A rub with a damp microfibre cloth left them nice and clean. Sorry, no pic, you will just have to imagine a cloth.

The seats then looked very clean.

Being porcelain, they seats do suffer a bit of dye transfer from jeans, so I thought what can I do to stop this and protect the leather surface from abrasion.
I realise that leather needs feeding and not having any silage around looked about for some kind of special potion and found exactly the right thing. An aqueous natural conditioning product to feed the leather <snigger> with. :)

As this was a conditioning product as well, I was able to use it on the interior plastics and door seal rubbers.
It's given the piano black inserts a nice silky finish with no streaks.

The finished result.

P1040233_zpscb4f293a.jpg

The magic potion. I can sell you this for £10 a litre...you will find it can be used all round the house, even in the bathroom...

P1040241_zps35e970ce.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good from the pictures.

I'd say it's Head and Shoulders above the Meguiar's stuff I used.

Lol. It's really worked well, I'm dead chuffed.

Are you finding the seats now much more manageable?

Yes. Because he's worth it. ;)

How has this held up, DM?
I'm selling my Vito and was hoping to use something effective (and cheap) on the vinyl seats.

Leather doesn't need feeding either, but we do.

Ringway...It is holding up just fine, seats look as good as the day I did them.

Nice seats. What car is that?

It's a C250Cdi Coupe.

I'm actually finding it a bit slow and thirsty...35mpg the last few journeys.

Here's a question though...why the fck do councils make all roundabouts shaped like 50p pieces? :D

Dieselman said:
Being porcelain, they seats do suffer a bit of dye transfer from jeans
Funny, never had you as a jeans wearer. Was thinking track suit bottoms.

Funny, never had you as a jeans wearer. Was thinking track suit bottoms.

Oh, how we laughed... Normally I am suited, but jeans or casuals are fine for weekends or dress down.

Incidentally, I have you down as a skirt wearer.

Ha ha very funny! If theres one thing for sure, it't that leather in a car does not need feeding - it's a sealed surface.

I have found one product really very good for resisting dye transfer and making any dye that does transfer easy to clean - Dr Leather Dye Transfer Block Sealant

Dr Leather Dye Transfer Block Sealant from Monza Car Care

Not cheap I will admit, but it 100% works, even on the totally white leather I had in my M6.

Oh, how we laughed... Normally I am suited, but jeans or casuals are fine for weekends or dress down.

Incidentally, I have you down as a shirt lifter

There corrected that for you. :D

Now where did I put that Brylcream.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom