Clear headlamps on c180 coupe W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cplnoonoo

Car
Merc C180K Sportcoupe SE
I have a 2004 C180 sportcoupe W203 - the one made in june 04 i think.

It has those hazy sort of style of front headlight lenses but i want to change them to the clear lenses like on the facelift models from 2004. As these hazy looking things have the directional glass bits on them would i need anything extra in place when putting in clear lenses?

Also to change to the clear lenses do i or should i swap the entire headlight unit or can i change the lenses independantly?

Where would i be able to get a hold of these - either the units or the lenses or both? Is it an aftermarket manufacturer that makes them or are the merc parts. Would they also fit onto my model if they are facelift version but similar shape? Last thing is would the connections change at all?

Sorry for all the questions in one go...i just got the car last week and had a rover 25 before that as my first car so still adjusting to all the technology lol.

Essentially you'll need complete headlamps from a facelift sportcoupe, afaik there are no connection issues. A search of the forum should reveal a few previous threads about this.

Yep, whole units I'm afraid. I've seen after market headlamps for the saloon, but not noticed any for the SportCoupe. Take care, they're not interchangable between Saloon and SC.

Thats cool. Is it cheaper to source these from a dealer or can i get a hold of them off fleabay or something and would i be quicker and safer to get them fitted by a garage or something?

As the lenses are clear are they HID kits that are in them or some other type of bi-xenon bulbs etc?

Also what sort of price am i talking for a pair of the units off a facelift model?

Cheers

MB Milton Keynes used to have a facelift pack for the SportCoupe in their online shop.

I'd try ebay and phone a few dealers. If you can find a dealer who's had them on their shelves for an age you can try for a deal.

Some non-frosted lens headlamps are halogen, some bi-xenon. The latter will be expensive, and you'll need to buy the gubbins to go in them. The former could have an aftermarket xenon kit retrofitted for little money but without self-levelling it would be technically illegal.

MB Milton Keynes used to have a facelift pack for the SportCoupe in their online shop.

Is this what you mean: Mercedes-Benz of Milton Keynes

It says at the bottom of the description that they are not suitable for the coupe version. Are these the right ones? Cheap price aswell...not lol

EDIT: Actually going on the model designation they have in the brackets for saying its not suitable for the sportcoupe i think it should fit as they say not suitable for the CL203 which is the 2009 version am i right?

Last edited:
The CL203 is the sport coupe pre-2009

What will they not fit on? The W203 model i have or the new CL203?

clear headlights

i have the 2003 model mercedes c180k coupe was was looking for the clear headlights, can any body hellp!!!!!:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom