Clicking behind my dash heater exchange?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aaron Amg 55

Car
Amg 55 clk
I have a 2004 54 clk 55 Amg and on first start up behind the dash there is a clicking noise, the noise only last for around 2 min. Was told its the heater exchange and I could buy some clips to fix this can anyone shed some light on where I can buy these clips and if anyone else has done the same repair

Aaron Amg 55 said:
I have a 2004 54 clk 55 Amg and on first start up behind the dash there is a clicking noise, the noise only last for around 2 min. Was told its the heater exchange and I could buy some clips to fix this can anyone shed some light on where I can buy these clips and if anyone else has done the same repair

My C32 does the same! It will be the plastic arms attached to one of the many flap actuators that's broken! My car has 10 motors in the dash so plugging into STAR to identify which one has failed would be the best start!!! Keep your fingers crossed is an easyish one to access.......!!!

This is a common issue on the older CLK/C class cars. Its the flap actuator right behind the dashboard passenger side and its a real PITA to get to.

The worst one is about 9 hours labour.... I have done many of them.

Sounds like fun :/ well I presume star is the name of the diagnostic system would a snap ethos pick the faults up? and whats the clips all about? once I find the fault can I just order the plastic arm or is it a new motor?

The snap on diag won't help. It needs a Star.

The linkage stuff is a kit of parts with gears, levers etc. Get in on a Star to determine the culprit.

There is a way to cheat though....

I have lived for mine for 10 years, you get used to it after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom