CLK Black grill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Id stick to the original if I were you, they look a bit tacky the ebay jobbies.

Afraid not. - You would be better plastic-dipping/wrapping/spraying your existing grill IMO.

"We are situated in Germany, not the other side of the world"

Address: Utrecht, Netherlands

In fairness it may look OK once it's painted, but to me it looks like a bare plastic moulding that hasn't been finished. - I'm quite happy with my facelift grill.

"We are situated in Germany, not the other side of the world"

Address: Utrecht, Netherlands

In fairness it may look OK once it's painted, but to me it looks like a bare plastic moulding that hasn't been finished. - I'm quite happy with my facelift grill.
I never knew they were different to pre facelift

It was the single fin I liked and the mesh on that design. May just get it wrapped like you suggested.

What grill has it got now? Pre-facelift or facelift?

With regards the grille I think its down to your taste, I bought one from Germany the same only difference was the star is chrome and I really like it looks great on my CLK63 and the quality is good, to be fair its plastic like the OEM ones so as long as you buy decent quality cant see where you would have any issues.

Do you have any photos of yours davidjbarber281?

I had something similar on my 500 when I bought it. A bit marmite and it didn't bother me at the time but now I look back it's not something I would go out my way to buy and fit.

gx5Grdm.jpg

I had something similar on my 500 when I bought it. A bit marmite and it didn't bother me at the time but now I look back it's not something I would go out my way to buy and fit.

It doesn't look bad but I think they look better when the car itself looks 'aggressive'. Are you looking to fit the OEM back on?

I sold the car last year with it on.
The only comment I can make is about the build quality that it did feel a bit floppy if you pushed and pulled it about. I would suggest making sure that the new one you get matches up with any existing fixings.

Definitely "marmite" because to me it doesn't look quite right; maybe too shiny like it's just plastic rather than colour-matched with the rest of the paintwork.

I sold the car last year with it on.
The only comment I can make is about the build quality that it did feel a bit floppy if you pushed and pulled it about. I would suggest making sure that the new one you get matches up with any existing fixings.
Will do, thanks

Gloss Black grill on mine, Fitting ok, grill is a little "plasticky" in build quality but fits well and hasn't moved since it was fitted last year.

P1010555 (Small).JPG
P1010563 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Looks good on a black car! Mine is silver so unsure it will have the same effect

Agree with you there - I think it looks quite nice on a black car, not so much any other colour - maybe a white car with black wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom