CLK C209 Pollen Filter Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ir0n_jaw

Car
Honda
Hi all

When I switch off my air con, it smells like an old tramp has swamped somewhere in my car. I've used a can of that sanitising spray as directed from Halfords, and it's helped but not cured it.

From searching on the forum, most people say try changing the pollen filter and/or looking for a drain blockage.

My question is, does anyone have any instructions for changing the pollen filter and/or checking for some kind of drainage block?

Cheers!

The filter is above your battery under the bonnet. When you spray the anti bacterial spray it needs to be directed exactly on the evaporator inside the heater box.

Hi sprays onlyl work for a short time to mask the smell, caused by a build up of bacteria on ac system, we use a two stage ultrasonic system which cleans and sanitizes the system using ultrasonics which works well.

You might want to check out the Charcoal filter as well, sits under a panel beneath the glovebox and gets used when re-circulating the air.

May make a difference if its never been replaced?

You might want to check out the Charcoal filter as well, sits under a panel beneath the glovebox and gets used when re-circulating the air.

May make a difference if its never been replaced?

Thanks Mercington. Would it be obvious if it needs replacing?

I'd hazard a guess it would get quite dirty outside, must admit when I checked mine it was spotless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom