CLK Continued Hell & Ownership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rolandbarnes981

Car
clk
Fellow members,

I've finally had enough - just over one year's ownserhip of my CLK 320 CDI and I am going to have to get rid of it - it's just a money pit :-(

Latest problems relate to my posts on SRS & Display warnings - totally intermitent & depressing.

Have just had two days of continuous errors - SRS, Display malfunction & brake fluid - happened on day one of picking the car up and since has plagued the car.

Add in needing a new starter motor and the dreaded valve control unit on the 7 speed box I will never be able to recommend this supposed prestige brand to anyone :crazy:

Just had the AA round who think one of the SAM units are at fault and yet again I'm going to have to fork out a small fortune for the joy of owning this 2006 CLK.

Please can anyone advise of the likely cost of a SAM unit - I just want it fioxed and need to sell the car asap and absorb the no doubt thousands I will have lost in 14 months and 24k miles.

Apologies foir the neagtive tone but I've really had it with MB - such a gorgeous car when running well but depressing to own :-(

Any thoughts appreciated - search my posts for the tales of woe !!

A new one Is £231 plus vat and a 2 year warranty.

Needs to be coded to thr car.If your indie has star diagnostics he will be able to do it.

if you close to braintree I can diagnose you free

I think you are jumping the gun... if it is just a SAM unit, they are so easy to do and not that expensive really... DO NOT buy second hand, false economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom