Clk convertable roof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alano

Car
2002 clk 230 soft top
I am starting to get light brown marks on my soft top roof ?. It's because I have been using the roof more often. What's the best thing for cleaning the material and will it effect it being water proof ?. It's a 2002 model in great nick just grubby hood ?.

I am starting to get light brown marks on my soft top roof ?. It's because I have been using the roof more often. What's the best thing for cleaning the material and will it effect it being water proof ?. It's a 2002 model in great nick just grubby hood ?.

Hi,i used warm water with a drop of fiary liquid in then washed the mohair roof off with a cloth on my old w208 clk cabroilet,you can buy a tin of waterproof spray from any mb parts dept.(£15 or so a tin)worth doing every year to stop leaks.

I cleaned mine with some autoglym soft top cleaner, but I suspect fairy liquid will be just as good (thats what it seemed like). I used a shoe brush to scrub it in then rinsed off with the hose pipe (no ban here).

Then I applied a bottle of the renovo colour restorer to make it jet black again. Sometimes the colour just fades with age so the renovo makes quite a difference.

Igurisu said:
I cleaned mine with some autoglym soft top cleaner, but I suspect fairy liquid will be just as good (thats what it seemed like). I used a shoe brush to scrub it in then rinsed off with the hose pipe (no ban here).

Then I applied a bottle of the renovo colour restorer to make it jet black again. Sometimes the colour just fades with age so the renovo makes quite a difference.

This worked a treat following the above ......
What a difference using the renovo
You don't realise the difference until
you use the restorer.
Thank you for your help.

I used the autoglym kit and got excellent results. The rain just beads off now and it is supposed to last a year before applying again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom