CLK Convertible W209 headrest problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyDutch

Car
Clk350
Hi everyone,

I have tried on many occasions to try and reattach the padded front headrest to the main unit - it was like this when I bought it.

It has come off completely and I just don't know how to get it back on?!!! It kind of clips in the tops but not at the bottom - seems there's some technique to getting it on - I've tried with the headrest reset tool but doesn't seems to have any effect

Any help of direction would be greatly appreciated
IMG_1956.jpg
IMG_1955.jpg

Is there a reason it's apart? - Have they deployed in an accident?
I take it that this was a private sale and you can't make a dealer fix it for you?

I can take a look at mine, but I don't think it will help as (to my knowledge) they've never been off.

It looks as if the anti whiplash mechanism has deployed and then someone has tried to force the mechanism apart resulting in the covering trim coming adrift insteading of resetting it. It may have been secured with clips that have broken and these may need replaced? https://youtu.be/IZQZHCcZMMM

[YOUTUBE HD]IZQZHCcZMMM[/YOUTUBE HD]

Yeah thanks, I've looked at the videos already but it's not st the same position as mine (completely off) I may have to take it to a dealer, only thing is I'm sure they'll just try and sell me a new headrest , no doubt!

Just hoping there's a DIY resolve

Was like this when I bought from private seller - I can kind of see where it connects through a cut out channel but can't seem to get the bottom and top to lock into place

Have you fixed this yet? - I was just looking at my manual and on page 360 it describes the procedure for resetting the "Neck-Pro" system if it has been deployed.

It looks like the key is to reset the mechanism with a tool using the hole in the top, then the headrest should just click back in to place.

Have you fixed this yet? - I was just looking at my manual and on page 360 it describes the procedure for resetting the "Neck-Pro" system if it has been deployed.

It looks like the key is to reset the mechanism with a tool using the hole in the top, then the headrest should just click back in to place.

Hi, I have the tool but I still can't get it to slit back in the headrest...when deployed, it Justin lifts up and forward, not totally come off. This is why I'm stuck

Ahh!!! This explains what the bent bit of piano wire in with the owners manual is for. Been puzzled over that for two years since I bought the car,just wish I could sort out the auto fold mirrors,tried just about everything know to man but still getting problems.

Andy, where are you in the country?

A local MB indie maybe able to help (or a crash repair centre if it is post deployment)

Andy, where are you in the country?

A local MB indie maybe able to help (or a crash repair centre if it is post deployment)

Wakefield - Sheffield and Mansfield (not all at the same time though! )

Ahh!!! This explains what the bent bit of piano wire in with the owners manual is for. Been puzzled over that for two years since I bought the car,just wish I could sort out the auto fold mirrors,tried just about everything know to man but still getting problems.

I've got settings, I think it's under the vehicle section, that allows that as an option to turn off/on - can you fold them with the button normally?

Yes I know about settings,the problem is that the mirrors will fold but won't unfold using the buttons or auto setting.

Thanks anyway.

Forgetting the trim cushion can you get the black plastic "neck pro" mechanism to reset. Should be easy to see with the padded cushion off.If its broken then I fear its a new headrest from MB.
ps because its safety related its doubtful any repair other than full replacement would be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom