CLK W209 320 Front anti roll bar Q&A

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FROGM5

Car
CLK 230 + BMW M5 & HARTGE H27
Ok so I have just lost the drivers side front anti-rollbar mounting bracket on the M4.
On getting back and discovering that this was the case, I jumped on to fleabay and had a look for a replacement. I purchased a complete roll bar brackets etc intending to rob one of the brackets and keep the rest for spares.
On my second trip beneath the car I discovered that I seem to have a diffrent type of bracket altogether.
Back on to fleabay and after various emails etc, no one seems to have my type of brackets, and everyone seems to be certain that I should have the rounded top type and not a square type (similar to W208) ?
Also I cannot seem to be able to source the two bolts needed to fit said bracket to car (for less than £34)
Ok so Can I just change the whole anti-roll bar to the what seems a newer type?
Any ideas?

As far as I know all the brackets are the same, the only difference is hole diameter based on sports pack or not (bush), just to add also that brackets don't just "drop off" have you had work done recently? Bolts snap fairly easily when you try and remove them, maybe someone just refitted one bolt and didn't drill out the snapped one?

I'd imagine you have a snapped bolt in th subframe, just nut and bolt the bracket through the frame.

Yes sounds about right, not long had the car so probably the case, one broken bolt still in subframe.
I`m thinking just change the whole bar etc for the new one.

Just buy a bracket from Mercedes, drill straight through the snapped bolt and get a nut and bolt to go straight through it, shouldn't be anything wrong with your anti too bar.
Bolt and frame is alloy so easy to drill.

Just to add, on Sports pack cars the Rubbers are bonded to the Antiroll bar and are not separate.

Think you will find that all W209s have bonded antiroll bar bushes from about mid 2005 onwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom