Clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Hi, Any problems or what to look for, apart from rust issues on a quite high mileage 90000 CLK, FSH, year 2005 two owners from new.
Do you think the mileage is high, I am used to buying cars with less than 70000 miles on them. So not sure about this.
Many Thanks.
Terry.

You would want to check or replace

- new rubber bushes on main suspension arms front and rear
- sway bar links
- flush the coolant and transmission oil
- check the transmission mount
- check exhaust mount
- check oxygen sensors
- check MAF
- engine breather hoses
- door seals
- window lifters
- resting battery drain

-Check all 4 windows close/seal when you shut the doors (they move up around 1cm electronically).
-Check the 3rd brake light, all LEDs work, if not thats £70
Also check the rear plate lights work, if not it could be a faulty rear SAM unit

Depends on the engine/box combo I think.

That's not high mileage for the diesels, obviously the rest of the car does the mileage too but well maintained it should easily do double that.

My 270cdi was on 140k when I brought it. Still going strong at 175k and I'll see it past the 200k mark.

Bushes and mounts are easily replaced. Unfortunatly I had a fuel leak and it softend the o/f engine mount but I left it too long and it has caused a boost leak at the intercooler. Thats the next job to do.

Rear bushes as well, I get a slight clunk when the boot and tank are empty but when full its fine, So I think its due some attention back there.

Get the 04 onwards if I was you and with comand if you can. Audio 10 on the pre face is rubbish and basic and retrofitting the later stuff is a ball ache.

I would maybe consider having an AA/RAC inspection done on it as there could be hidden faults you don't see when looking at the shiny new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom