CLK280 - Views on advice for full vs interim service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
Evening

So 4,500 and 11 months on from a full B service and ATF change, the CLK tells me it needs an A service. Consequences of mainly using it for short trips......

Booked it in for an A service, but when i asked ballpark cost, was told £250 to £300. Obviously way too much for what i thought would be an interim oil and filter change. This is a decent MB indi

They do a standard/ annual service as is their preference, and i do follow advice, but still it sounds overkill and is over £100 more than i am prepared to fork out given the thorough work last year (plus rear brakes in the summer).

Mindful it's a respected local indi (it's not Olly) what is the view on what is being recommended to me?
Car is running like a dream, but i do hold with the old school view of and oil change every 12 months.

£250 to £300 for an A service from an Indie sounds steep (assuming there are no 'additional items' due e.g. air filter or brake fluid etc).

This is even on the high side for an MB dealer....

Find another good Indie and expect to pay £150-£200 for an A Service.

How would i establish if additional items are scheduled, to understand the quoted price?

You're in Southampton, why are you not checking with PCS or Cole at MBS Horndean??

I had a B3 service done recently at my local indie, including fuel and air filters, for about £280!!

It is MBS Southampton that i use and have quoted me this.

It just seems overkill for more than an oil and filter change

The ESS didn't display any content for me

Will phone MBS tomorrow and discuss further but was interested in others views or thoughts as i am in the same camp as markjay and was expecting a more modest service this year

Cheers

Let Quick Twit stamp the book, just don't let them anywhere near anything under the bonnet or anywhere else come to that.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom