CLK350 2009 - Various upgrades?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LennyMan

Car
CLK350
Hi All,

I've just got my first Mercedes - a 2009 CLK350 Convertible and am *loving* it :)

However, I have a few questions:-

1. It has no CDC (I've ordered what I think is the right one), and wondered if the loom will be there, or if I need to order optical leads too?

2. Where can I get Wind Deflector for a sensible price? (Cheapest I've seen is £170)

3. Are there any obvious upgrades/improvements I can make to the car which won't upset any of its systems (i.e. I was thinking of getting a CAN-BUS HID kit - thoughts please?)

Many thanks all,

Lennyman

1 I'm pretty sure (read certain) that there will be no leads there.
2 Keep an eye out on EBay. Go with the genuine one - it really is worth it. Turns the car into an all year round car and even gets Mrs Ted's approval. That is impressive in its own right.
3 I wouldn't put HID on as the headlights are reflector. Some good uprated bulbs will work wonders.

Upgrades. Done loads!
Bluetooth adapter in the armrest (if you have pre-wire) - really integrates well.
There is an aux in in the glovebox. (hard to see) I connected up a cheap bluetooth adaptor so I can play from my phone. Works a treat and boosts the volume.
I converted my foglights to DRLs
silver bulbs for the front indicators
Mine had no reverse sensors. Easy to fit wireless and looks pretty OEM
LED front sidelights
Edit: Oh, and a dashcam

Think that is it... Best advice I can give is to keep it as OEM as possible, or make it so that it is an easy job to revert. Too much 'tat' can look a bit tacky IMHO, (and I'm on the verge of that).

Last edited:
Many thanks!

I already have the Aux lead, and have ordered a Bluetooth module (arriving tomorrow!), and has factory-fit front/rear parking sensors.

Liking the LED light idea, but will it moan about them? (the missus's Audi doesn't like them - wrong resistance I think....)

Silver bulbs... like that idea too :thumb:

I used good quality canbus ones and had no issues, although the ones I had in my number plate lights started to give errors after a few moths so I reverted to incandescent.

Regarding silver bulbs, I found they can reduce the light output just a little, so I use diadem, although some feel they are a little tacky (slight blue look)

I used good quality canbus ones and had no issues, although the ones I had in my number plate lights started to give errors after a few moths so I reverted to incandescent.

Regarding silver bulbs, I found they can reduce the light output just a little, so I use diadem, although some feel they are a little tacky (slight blue look)

Osram do their bulbs in silver now too, no worse than the diadem.

l[YOUTUBE HD]YGQZFx8G1Kc[/YOUTUBE HD]

Check this thread: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/209560-probright-tdrls.htm for source and fitting experiences, I think 3 of us have fitted these.

They also do a rear version giving brighter indicators and reversing lights, but I thought not really worth the cost.

As stated, HID conversions are a no-no, due to the shape of the reflectors for halogen headlights. I have fitted 4x Philips Extreme Vision H7 bulbs and they give a better light than standard. (Plus the Extreme White W5W front sidelights.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom