CLK430 standard air filter vs K&N sport one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

So I'm going to replace the air filters on the CLK430.

MB have quoted £50 for the two or should I double that and get two K&N ones?

Will they really make a difference when everything else is standard?

Scott

"performance" filters will make zero difference on a 430 as max air flow on wide open throttle would be catered for on standard filters by Mercedes.

Sorry but you need to get the Green Filters they are the best and have them fitted to my CLK 430 plus a clk 55 air box, what an improvement !

Sorry but you need to get the Green Filters they are the best and have them fitted to my CLK 430 plus a clk 55 air box, what an improvement !

Where do I get these Clive?

"performance" filters will make zero difference on a 430 as max air flow on wide open throttle would be catered for on standard filters by Mercedes.

What should I do the?genuine ones, green ones or bmc??!!

Talk to Olly (Black C55) at PCS he's the guru on these engines

How does one contact Olly - or will he like just by magic maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed reply to this tread?!

dont forget to keep us posted I will be wondering what to replace mine with soon.
Boyd

Id love to see some dyno figures to confirm differences between brands and Original filters.

Id love to see some dyno figures to confirm differences between brands and Original filters.

you wont see it on a dyno will only be 3-4 bhp. You can get more than that in the difference between operators.

Two schools of thought on this but having been in motorsport 35 years all my cars run performance air filters and are set up accordingly but different makes suit different engines. V8's better on BMC V6 better on Green and 4 pots on Pipercross is my experience

Surly if you use the same dyno, Same operator, same conditions, I dont see the issue.

If its only 4-5hp, whats the difference going to be between performance makes? 1-2 hp lol like anyone is going to feel the difference.

Surly if you use the same dyno, Same operator, same conditions, I dont see the issue.

If its only 4-5hp, whats the difference going to be between performance makes? 1-2 hp lol like anyone is going to feel the difference.

You can leave a car on the rollers do another run with the same operator and you will get a different result, that's why on a dyno run you do more than one run and the customer normally gets the data that puts out the most power.

You can feel the difference in throttle response at high rpm but with an auto box that feel is numbed, cars just seem to breathe better under performance without the stock filters. Also you can hear the difference the induction noise changes significantly.

Each and to their own but I believe in them and never had an issue in over 35 years of using various types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom