CLK500 Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjavon1

Car
CLK500
I bought my clk a few back now and I'm interested in fitting a new backbox to improve the sound slightly. I'm not after any roaring V8 noise, just a slightly more pronounced rumble.
Has anyone fitted or had any dealing with this company.
I've been searching the internet but only seem to find companies that want to fabricate one on the car which I'm not to keen on
TIA

Ok, thanks for the input. Can I just ask what is the way to 'do it properly'? do you mean a fully system, resonator delete or is there something else?
The reason I'm asking is I don't want to make a mistake but I'm not seeing many options on Internet searches that are available in this country.
Thanks

I belive Imran @MSL can work wonders with some pipe and a lot of knowledge to get you just what you want.

Tony.

Ah right, excellent this is the sort of answer I was hoping for.
Forgive my ignorance but is he a member on here or is MSL a place to search for on Google.
Thanks

Imran is the owner of Torqueflow who are based at MSL Performance in Birmingham.

Neither website is updated too often, as they're always busy but their contact details are there. If Birmingham's a bit far for you then let us know which area you're in, and I'm sure someone will suggest an alternative, but a tailor made system is the way forward. :)

I'm in North Wales mate. I've been given a number for Imran now so will call him later.
If there is anywhere closer it would be helpful

I travel from MSL to N Wales regularly on Sundays (Nr Wrexham) as I work that way on so it saves me going back to the other side of Manchester then back over again in the morning. It's only an hour and a half or so, so no-one really closer, at least who I could recommend anyway.

Ok fair enough. As you say it's not that far anyway.
I'll give them a call and see how I get on
Thanks

From experience you will get very very good sound if you gutted your existing rear boxes. This will stop any drone on crusing speeds and give you good rumble when you give it some beans.

Do you think I'd get the same result if I fitted a remote exhaust cut out before the back boxes. I could then open and close it to suit my needs

do you mean VALVETRONIC exhaust? that would be rather expensive i would have thought.

As above, this work shouldnt cost you more than £500 but makes a huge difference but if you still need more beefy sound, then you could gut the rear boxes.

Well it's been a while but I have eventually got around to sorting my exhaust with an electronic exhaust valve cut out.
All together it's cost just under £70, and with the touch of the remote I've got the best of both worlds.

A short and pretty poor video, but I'm sure you get the idea:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0Sr34_LgE

£70?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom