Clk500 steering squib

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fivehunnit

Car
CLS63 AMG (W219)
'Clk500 restraint system defect visit workshop!' Had it plugged in today, fault comes up as steering wheel squib (permanent), is it likely to actually be this component or a connector etc? (Checked many things under the seats but couldn't find any loose connections) should I just buy one, if so, where's a good place? I've seen some that include the indicator stalk and cruise stalk and others without, does it make a difference?
Thanks.

Oh, and will any W209 part fit this or are there differences?

Getting plugged in by someone with a more in depth diagnostic setup tomorrow, will see what happens.

Today seems to tell a different story :/
This is a connection problem somewhere between the door squib and SRS module?

Last edited:
Nope, could be failed airbag, damaged wire, connection etc. As that is not Star Diagnosis its not being explicit about which airbag though, and I don't have a list of fault-codes to know which it is from the number

Richard

Could this relate to the Seat pad(squib)? often known to fail with a broken wire or two

Well it's saying side airbag, so I suspect one of the wires going through the door wiring tube has broken / got damaged. I'd check both sides

R

The side airbag could be in the seat itself. Has it got SRS written on the seat?

The side airbag could be in the seat itself. Has it got SRS written on the seat?

Thanks for the replies, no the air bags are in the doors on mine (coupe) they're in the seats on the convertible.

ps, least likely to be the airbag though. R

Sure hope not, and I hope the place it's going to on Wednesday can diagnose it properly and not just suggest fitting a replacement of the biggest part as a starting point but I'm sure they will know their stuff (PMW) had a new radiator fitted by them last year.
Last time I had a light on the dash it was the MAF sensor at fault but it was in the garage 2 weeks while they threatened on and on to get a new ECU installed to sort it.

Update:
Went to PMW Chelmsford today, they plugged it in and it came up as stored, so was able to clear, must be the door separator connection, that's the only one I sprayed inside since the last plug in, oh and they refused to take a penny from me for doing it, remind me again why I take it anywhere else..
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom