CLK500 W209 prior design black body kit questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fivehunnit

Car
CLS63 AMG (W219)
Hi all, new to the forum :) In the not too distant future, I'm planning on getting the prior design black series body kit for my 52 reg CLK500 (W209), I've seen a really good post, one installed from start to finish but a question or two remains, what's an average price for a body shop to get their hands on this kit, paint and fit it (UK, Essex)? They come with the front fenders as a complete piece, however I'm unsure about the rear arches, from what I've seen they're just extension pieces that somehow need to be bonded to the existing arches, or am I missing something? If that's the case, the fuel filler door isn't the same shape and would be partly covered by the new arches, does the fuel filler door need to be cut before they're installed?
Also, wheels? I'm wanting some that don't look lost inside the big arches, but don't rub round corners at the same time, I'm torn between the multi spoke or twin spoke or similar, what size would be good looking with the new body panels? I take it I would need spacers as well? I just don't want them to look tiny. Thanks in advance.

Have you got a link to the bodykit?

I wouldn't go higher than 19" on a CLK500. Get the right ET and you won't need spacers.

Thanks for the reply
This is the prior design one
PRIOR-DESIGN PD Black Edition Widebody Aerodynamic-Kit for Mercedes CLK [W209] - PRIOR-DESIGN Exclusive Tuning

Another one
Mercedes CLK to Black Series Wide Body Kit Body Kit | eBay

Not sure how I would measure to determine the best ET once it's installed?
Yes, not going any more than 19" on them.

Nice looking kit , but when it's price on request I'm guessing your talking a loootttttt of pound notes :mad: , but good luck with your project if or when your start

Did you do this in the end. This Is something I'm thinking about doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom