cls 350 w219 alloy setup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cls350doc

Car
cls 350
Hello,

Posted on here before and thanks to this place, my conductor plate issues have been solved.

I own a CLS 350 W219 2006. It has 18 inch alloys as standard. Front is 245, and rear 285. I'm not sure what the offset is but the wheels are inside so positive.

I'm looking to put 20 inch rims on it, but want the flush look with minimal gap between the arches.

I have read the sticky and researched this and the decision is still difficult.

I'm confused to to how I can decide on a tyre depth, so going for 35 instead of 30.

I'm assuming that there are many peeps on here that have made the perfect setup and really would like to know what width, offset and if any suspension modifications are needed. I would be even happier if the tyre could go under the wheel arch, which I think looks amazing. Note: I don't have airmatic suspension but I have found lowering springs online if needed. Also have come across tyre stretching and spacers, but from research they don't seem a good idea.

Pictures if possible would be great!

Thanks for the help.

V

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've had a look at the fitment guide, but really need to know from people's experience of what this looks like.

If you look at companies like MECC design and others, they have the low profile tyres with minimal gap between the arches and tyres, but really what to see with someone who has done.

If you have a similar setup would appreciate a look at your car via pics if possible.

Thanks

V

I am about to run 18x9j et15 and 18x10.5j et5 on my CLS...

I may be running some stretch though :)

I use willtheyfit.com for offset calculations and working it all out

Would be interested in seeing what it looks like?

No lowering?

V

Yeah bout 80 mm :) to start with. .. on coils not air ot just springs.

Pics next weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom