CLS de-chromed window surrounds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterAdam

Car
CLS 320 CDI
Hi guys,

Whats your opinion on this? I had a big roll of black vinyal in the garage and nothing to do on my day off work, so wondered how the CLS would look by trying to tame down the blingy chrome around the windows.

432239_10151211280145029_648350028_22808111_1570601771_n.jpg

I'm still undecided. With it just being vinyal I can peel it off no problem at all.

It cheapens the appearance IMO. makes it look kinda like a poverty spec W204 :(

It cheapens the appearance IMO. makes it look kinda like a poverty spec W204 :(

I'm still unsure, I like the chrome because it breaks up the black, but I like the black because its less "look at me" than the chrome. My last car was a BMW which always look better de-chromed, so I think that's why I like how the de-chromed look.

I think when de-chroming you've got to do the full car otherwise, like KH says, it makes it look slightly poverty spec.

I'm toying with the idea of doing it to my W211, but I'm undecided as yet.

De-chroming is something you do when you have chrome :)rolleyes:). in my case I've added a chrome strip along the bottom of all my windows...gives it a little lift.

If you like it, then who's to argue otherwise.

the chrome accentuates the CLS's wonderful arching roof ..

It looks like a CLS 'classic' spec :) do the door handles as well and fit steel wheels :) :)

I like it, yes it does not have "that" chrome look to it but I prefer this... looks clean but it does feel like its missing something.

I want to do this to my 211... but i'm 50/50..

I like chrome on CLS...want more!
Too much can look tacky though :eek:
I like it, yes it does not have "that" chrome look to it but I prefer this... looks clean but it does feel like its missing something.

I want to do this to my 211... but i'm 50/50..
I'm still 50/50 on it aswell, I like that by doing it then it would be different from every other CLS on the road since they've all still got the chrome trims. I might do a light tint all round on the windows, hmmm, unsure.

On my silver CLS, the 'blingy' chrome trim looks great, however on a dark colour maybe not so great.

What about the door handles? would you leave them or de-chrome them aswell

I'd like to do the door handles but I don't think I'm skilled enough to do them, no harm in trying though, I might give it a go tomorrow, if it goes well I'll throw a picture up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom