CLS Garage door operation on rear view mirror.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alistair Ross A

Car
CLS
I have a 2006 320 CLS and I have been trying to set up the automatic garage door opener on the rear view mirror, I have followed the set up procedure in my handbook, after clearing the code memory I find it will not program from my garage door remote. Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem and how they overcame it? My garage door is a Merlin Prolift 430 R and it operates on 27 MHz this is the same rating as mentioned in the handbook for the UK. Hope someone can help me on this matter.

If your car is model year 2007 and you have code 231 Garage Door Opener, then this website may be helpful

HomeLink

They have programming instructions:

HomeLink

and a 0800 helpline: "HomeLink-Hotline¹ at (0) 0800 046 635 465 from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00 (Central European Time) and talk to an expert who will be happy to help you"

If it's not possible to program it, they offer a replacement door receiver for around 50 euros.

Last edited:
Is your door/control Homelink compatible?

I know that mine won't programme to the car and it was put down to the fact that it need some form of adaptor before the car can recognise it. Given the added cost, I decided to carry on just pointing the original zapper at it, which works fine.

Like daveenty, I just carry a 2 way zapper in each car to operate gates and garage door.

Its a lot easier than reconfiguring oldish radio systems when changing cars.

It could be your mirror is not set on UK country code. Theres an article on how to do this (for the older mirrors) on www.mercupgrades.com

Newer cars need Star Diagnosis to change the country

I really like the integrated garage door opener, saves digging around for the damn remote control all the time - and means that people can't break my car window on the drive and open my garage doors.

So much so we just retrofitted it to my new GLC with it (as it is not even an option in EU for GLC/C) - the latest mirrors tie to the car, so if you remove it and power it up without a car or in wrong car, it won't open the garage doors.

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom