CLS350 bad dents need fix/replacing & Where?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gerardtoconnor

Car
CLS350 CDI (C218)
Hey Folks,

While abroad I went into a particularly tight, dark and winding carpark and unfortunately had one of the barriers take a chunk out of the side of my CLS350. I basically now have deep dents & scratching on both door panels on left & also on the rear wheel arch. It may be possible to knock the dents out and resin & re-paint the panels or alternatively I may need to replace the panels.

Does anyone know if this can be repaired or will I need panels replaced? I am based out of East London, Canary Wharf, so any recommendation's on bodywork places that can fix this at a good price? Link to pics of damage below (car still dirty from the long journey).

Pics of damage

That's pretty bad damage, so will be expensive. Take it through your insurance.

That's pretty bad damage, so will be expensive. Take it through your insurance.

Agreed, it'll cost more than your excess and subsequent increase in insurance policies moving forward.

Agreed, it'll cost more than your excess and subsequent increase in insurance policies moving forward.

My excess is unusually high, £1500, so I may be better off paying myself if I can find a good value shop that can fix it ... hence the post in here, want to price up before dishing out £1500 and bumping my premium.

I'm sure it can all be fixed, but will 100% require to spray all of the damaged panels.

The bodyshop should either be able to fill or pull out the dents prior to paining. I would guess that it would be under £1,500. Try not disclosing your excess figure when getting quotations, as they would most probably to to charge you as near as possible to the excess price.

The sheer number of panels affected is going to make that an expensive repair, I'm afraid. You really need to take it to a couple of body shops and get them to price it up for you, but I suspect that even with a £1500 excess you'll end up going down the insurance route.

Something to bear in mind (and this may or may not be important to you) is that if the work is carried out other than by an MB Approved repairer then the paint & corrosion warranty will be voided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Feedback guys, looks like it'll need a body shop, does anyone know any reasonable, good value body shops in east London, or London generally that they would recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom