CLS500AMG piccies and Vid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very.....very very nice! I love those wheels

I found the same thing as you about the rear headroom, even being 5'10" my head was brushing on the head lining.

I'm booked in for a test drive the begining of march with a CLS500, nearly put down a deposit on tuesday but my head was stronger than my heart and I withheld.
I'm sure after the test drive I won't be able to resist, we shall see :rolleyes:

PS probably can't actually afford the 500 so it will be a 350 for me.

I will wait and see when they bring out the CLS 320 CDI later this year.

Brian WH said:

If I hadn't just plumped for a S-Class limo I'd probably have done the same thing. I saw quite a few of these (CLS) over in Dubai in December but they were all white - yuk!

Brian WH said:

If they do bring out a diesel it will be one of the new V6 units that are on there way.

marcos said:
If they do bring out a diesel it will be one of the new V6 units that are on there way.

Yes I realise that which is why I will wait and see, as the new engines do not appear as good as mine. :eek:

Brian WH said:
Yes I realise that which is why I will wait and see, as the new engines do not appear as good as mine. :eek:

Why :confused:

marcos said:

I know the new 3.0litre V6 has had a good write up for the new C Class, but reserve my judgement for the introduction into the larger E Class. We shall see mate.

I thought they were going to chuck in an uprated version into the E. 260bhp or similar.

I was in a CLS 500 today .. was sitting next to a CL and an S.

am i missing something here? whats the point?

Plus it was very cheap on the inside , that wood trip wouldnt look out of place on a Daewoo

I like it just because it's a bit different. The trouble is a lot of people seem to hate the design so I'm wondering if I will become a social outcast if I buy this vehicle, like most BMW drivers :D

marcos said:
I like it just because it's a bit different. The trouble is a lot of people seem to hate the design so I'm wondering if I will become a social outcast if I buy this vehicle, like most BMW drivers :D

If you like it that is all that matters. I like it in photos but haven't seen it in the flesh yet. Dealer having Launch Soon. :)

I had a look at the CLS 500 AMG in black today and what a nice car it is,Really impressed with it.The boot is HUUUUUGE But the boot lid was so springy it didnt want to close properly and had to be slammed shut with a bit of force :rolleyes: .Really liked the layout inside,didnt have the wood trim but a "dark maple wood" I think its called.I liked the trick centre console lid where it is hinged on both sides.Better than hinged at the back and have to open from the front like on my W202.The rear head room for me was poor and couldnt see properly out the rear window so didn't stay in the back long.I reckon its more suited to people under 5'10" not 6'5" front was ample tho and liked it a lot.A question tho whilst im still thinking about it does anyone know what the small stalk is under the cruise control and indicator stalk it had me stumped.

pluggers said:
.A question tho whilst im still thinking about it does anyone know what the small stalk is under the cruise control and indicator stalk it had me stumped.

Was it the Steering wheel adjustment mate?? :confused:

Not sure it could be.Im doing a search to see if I can find some piccys.

Hated the styling at first, now love it!

Driven the 350 V6 and everything the salemen were telling me was...for once...correct.

Really is much more of a drivers car, than mercedes have previously been known for.

Didn't get to really throw it around, but fealt really sure footed, that's for sure...

The 350's V6 power was plenty adequate until i got onto a stretch of motorway and wanted to open it up, just isn't that willing...

I guess that's relative anyway, i bet the 500 is nice powerwise, and AMG is gonna be a real stonker!

its great.

nice pics, better than the ones i posted on here of my fathers one. it really is great and i'm glad i am not the only one enjoying it now - though the ol* gi* has taken it back to Spain where he lives. shame. It got more stares driving round Kent than a big brother winner in a local shopping centre :)

Left hand drive was very annoying though...if anyone has one i dont know how you cope over here. Everytime i wanted to park i had to lean over to get the ticket out of the passanger window...bah! :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom