cls55 charge cooler pump replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-durham

Car
2005 CLS55 AMG
hello all,

thought id make a start on some of the jobs on the cls.

First on my list is the pump for the supercharger cooling system. The previous owner had kindly supplied me the replacement part when he sold the car, so it was just a matter of fitting it.

I suspected the old one was shot, after a few hard pulls, the boost was being cut and after steady driving was kicking back in again, no engine lights and it looked like the original pump under there.

Below are some pics of the job. Reasonably simple,removed undertray, tied back arch liner out the road, clamped both hoses, disconnected pipe and wiring. Undone 10mm nut which held bracket on.

On comparing both parts, there was a tiny difference as you can see,

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS SIGNIFICANT, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE COMMENT?

basically the replacement has a blanked port vs the original has an open port.

As im not lucky enough to have star, i used some small connectors I had in the garage and crimped on some wire to run the motor up from a spare battery I have. Obviously first putting a hose from the bleed outlet back into the reservoir.

I found that I had to pinch the rubber hose below where the bleed outlet is, in order to get any flow through the hose?? ASSUME THIS IS NORMAL?

Ran car up to temp all was well. Lets wait and see what the next test drive shows :+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom