CLS55 throttle response

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mbuglass

Car
None
Hi all,
I recently bought a cls55 from another forum member which I am really happy with, the performance is nuts and that is even before I have started on the mods!
I have noticed a slight issue that happens usually when I am driving in manual mode and give it some beans in first gear then at about 3k revs it seems to jump and the throttle response seems over sensitive and jumpy. Maybe this is a "feature" and I need to get used to it but I would have expected a smoother power curve.
Any ideas?

Do you get the same thing pulling out from a side road with the box in S, if so it's annoyingly normal but 100% fixed with a stock Eurocharged tune.

Cheers, I will do some tests tonight to see what I can find.

I've noticed this also, at slow speeds it can be a tad jumpy and take a a while to get used to.

I went out tonight and I also notice it happens in Sport mode when you give it some from a slow speed, once up to speed the acceleration is much smoother. Might have to look into a tune.

Can't recommend the out of the box Eurocharged one enough. Just over £300, DIY flashable and removable with your laptop.

Makes the car run much smoother even at tickover and feels more alive which is more important than more power to me although they do make some decent claims. Like I said though it makes quite a change to the behaviour of the gearbox too. You will still get the odd bang as these aren't the most sophisticated things around but it does cure that odd lurching at low speeds.

Comfort is just horrible around town due to it starting in second and then having to drop to first if you give it any gas, so I always have it in S and I found it most noticable/ repeatable turning right out of a side road into a line of traffic. It would get half way across the road and then do that lurch which made it feel like it was going to leap into the verge opposite or hit a car in the line of traffic.

Seen someone else on here I think who reported similar results due to the Eurocharged tune...think it might have been Alps but don't quote me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom