Codes for esp/bas fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Mark

Car
CLK 230 CONVERTIBLE
i have just got back from the garage and the esp/bas fault has 2 codes showing

C1200 STOP LAMP SWITCH S9/1 PLAUSABLITY

AND

P1584 STOP LAMP SWITCH

I HAVE CHANGED THE SWITCH BEHIND THE BREAKE PEDEL AND THIS IS STILL COMING UP. ANY IDEARS.

MARK

Just a thought.
On my A160 the switch behind the pedal had to be installed with the push-rod extended, then the first stamp on the brake pedal set it's range.
If installed wrongly it didn't work properly.
Hope a CLK expert comes along and gives you specific advice.
Michael

Need some help...

Hello,

I am also looking for these (2008 w204)? I have seen them on ebay for £24-£35? but would be keen to buy from a member if there is one out there?

I also also looking to replace my back tail lights to the new LED facelifted ones does anyone know anything about this - it would be a very big help.

I don't have the following so need help on these too:

1) Wanted a HID kit put on but I wanted it to look exactly to, if I have factory fitted Zenon lights
2) Wanted parking sensors too - preferbally flushed with the bumpers (front and back with a audio and visual devise)
3) Zenon interior lights
4) Side xenon lights

If there is anyone there that can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ACP

hi big mark-I also have a clk 230 coupe and the esp/bas light on the dashboard came on and have just changed the brake light switch which was the s first recommended thing to do which was very easy but light still on-have not been to garage like you but interested on what you have found out-also do you know if the bas/esp being on really changes the handling of the car thanks steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom