Colour coded door handles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Imr4n

ANy idea on how much a bodyshop would charge to colour code the door handles in a c-class?

Are the parts delivered painted?

This tread illustrates the pitfalls of ordering your car in pink with white spots. the car I got for a friend in a special colour (2006 SL) has problems now with a cracked mirror housing as he has to get the new one painted. that is not cheap as there is a min quantity of paint that can be mixed

Surely the genuine covers from the dealers would be cheaper.

Also bare in mind that there are two varients one with and without a chrome strip. If your W203 has got existing chrome strips on the bumper mouldings and rubbing strips then go for the chrome strip ones if you wish for a matched look.

Last edited:
My 203 has "aspects" of chrome but my handles are plain colour coded.

£86 from Inchcape

Oh then I must be refering to Elegance models then :p

I've not seen chrome on door handles on any model?

I've not seen chrome on door handles on any model?

Seen here:

PR189_3.jpg

I have just had a quote from a bodyshop who want £180 to paint all 4 door handles and he said there is no guarantee that the finish is last.

To me that seems very expensive. Can i buy pre-painted door handles? If so how much are they?

p.s. are these good? They seem well priced, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160242280903&_trksid=p2759.l1259
The prices have either gone up since the last time I checked or the 203 just costs more for these items than other models but the painted handles are about £35 each pre-painted. You will probably need to get pre-painted end-pieces for each handle too, these appear to be about £12 each for the fronts.

That makes it about £190 for a set of factory-painted door handles, including a 10% discount from inchcape.

Sorry whats inchape?

What do you think of the handles on ebay, they seem quite well priced?

Sorry whats inchape?

What do you think of the handles on ebay, they seem quite well priced?
Inchcape is a mercedes-benz franchise network that have an online, mail-order parts outlet. www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk

The handles on ebay went for a good price, I don't know what the mechanisms/other parts were for though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom