COMAND 2.0 upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davycc

Car
2001 W203 C320 Elegance
Hi all,
So I upgraded my 2001 W203 from the Audio 10 system to a COMAND 2.0.

I used the adaptor below and also added an AUX cable. All is working on the unit but I have a couple of issues:

1 not sure if its worth buying antennae and DX disc for SATNAV - worth it?
2 volume won't work from steering wheel (it did on the audio 10 - ideas please.
3 should the unit power of when ignition is turned off, it's staying on and has to be turned off manually.

Any pointers greatly recieved .

Adapter Cable loom SET fitting for Mercedes Audio 10 20 CD APS 30 on Comand 2.0 | eBay

The navigation is very basic but personally I find it perfectly adequate but a modern Garmin TomTom or phone based system will out perform it easily.
Ours does not go off instantly with the ignition but does after a time. Think thats how its meant to be. Ours is a W209 but its the same system.

The navigation is very basic but personally I find it perfectly adequate but a modern Garmin TomTom or phone based system will out perform it easily.
Ours does not go off instantly with the ignition but does after a time. Think thats how its meant to be. Ours is a W209 but its the same system.

I do about 5k a year and it's not exactly a big country so SATNAV definitely not a must. As you say I've used my phone a few times and does the job grand so will give it a miss (along with the TV upgrade).

Thanks for the heads up re switching off :thumb:

Just need to find out why the volume controls on the steering wheel don't work now.

Think I messed up

Well I decided to try and get the volume controls on the steering wheel to work with the COMAND 2.0 upgrade. Located the High and Low brown/brown red wires and connected them to pins 8 and 9 fired up the set and BAM

"SRS Malfunction give your stealer money" message now appearing and red SRS warning staying on.

Think I may have shorted something in the process, question:

Am I correct in saying the message can only be removed via STAR?

My parktronic issue is now back again so looks like STAR is a must anyway.

Rough cost for an indie to give the once over?

OH and the fecking volume on steering wheel still not working !

Well Had the car hooked up to STAR and SRS fault cleared. Drivers side parking sensor at fault but swapped it with another and still the same :dk:

OK main thing now is the COMAND so any help would be appreciated.

Radio is working bar the volume on the steering wheel and I've noticed (1st time out at night) no buttons illuminating on the COMAND.

I did buy the adaptor cable but the wires Brown & brown/red which I believe are the vol H and vol L to the steering wheel have nowhere to connect to now the adaptor cable is in place. I believe this is also the reason for no illumination on the buttons.

Don't want to mess around as I got the SRS malfunction after trying before.

Help appreciated please.

I think you will have to have comand2 coded into the car for it to respond to canbus messages.

Well Had the car hooked up to STAR and SRS fault cleared. Drivers side parking sensor at fault but swapped it with another and still the same :dk:

OK main thing now is the COMAND so any help would be appreciated.

Radio is working bar the volume on the steering wheel and I've noticed (1st time out at night) no buttons illuminating on the COMAND.

I did buy the adaptor cable but the wires Brown & brown/red which I believe are the vol H and vol L to the steering wheel have nowhere to connect to now the adaptor cable is in place. I believe this is also the reason for no illumination on the buttons.

Don't want to mess around as I got the SRS malfunction after trying before.

Help appreciated please.

This is a fault in the CANBUS wiring adapter. Once the CANBUS wires are correctly connected the volume buttons on the wheel should work and also the illumination and speed pulse etc.

Have a look at richards web page on comand 2 retrofit for the correct pin configuration;

www.mercupgrades.com

This is a fault in the CANBUS wiring adapter. Once the CANBUS wires are correctly connected the volume buttons on the wheel should work and also the illumination and speed pulse etc.

Have a look at richards web page on comand 2 retrofit for the correct pin configuration;

www.mercupgrades.com

Hi I know that the vol from the steering wheel are the brown / brown red wires so do I just splice them into the wires on the adaptor which is now in the socket (pins 8 &9) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom