COMAND-APS nav v10: France TMC instructions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Troon

MB Enthusiast
Car
A big one
I've just bought an updated map DVD (v10 to replace my v5) from eBay. One of the new features on the disc is TMC coverage in France, but the disc box says to see the instructions to activate it.

Sadly, my box didn't contain any instructions. Does anyone know what to do to activate France TMC coverage?

Never mind, found it on WIS. The system must have at least the 30/06 head unit firmware installed.

Yeah, I know - that's why I was surprised by the asterisk against France TMC if the disc already contains the software and no separate action is needed. I'd already updated my system with the latest head unit software from that link, but v10 seems to have overwritten that. I'll probably leave it as it is...

Its the AGW that needs updating for french TMC. That needs Star Diagnosis ... Never worked out why, but thats what the instructions say :)

R

Indeed you must update de firmware with Star Diagnosis otherwise it doesn't work

Its the AGW that needs updating for french TMC. That needs Star Diagnosis ... Never worked out why, but thats what the instructions say :)

Thanks. Can you tell me the date of the firmware update, or if it's possible to tell what version is already loaded via the secret menu? It'd be good to establish if the car already has the requisite AGW firmware installed to save an unnecessary trip.

The WIS instructions don't mention the AGW software - just the nav DVD and COMAND head unit firmware. From SI82.85-P-0016A:

Attachments

• TMC.GIF
    TMC.GIF
    2.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom