Comand Bluetooth not showing caller names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peterstu1

Car
CLS63 AMG
Hi everyone, I'm back with my W219 '08 CLS63 AMG that I bought last November :devil:
I have an issue that has developed with the MB Bluetooth, the Comand screen is no longer displaying the name of the inbound caller, it just displays the number. I took it down to MB last week and the tech couldn't understand what the trouble is.
The only strange thing he noticed was that my phonebook downloads each time and that each entry (both number and name screen) shows the SIM icon to the left of each entry, even though all my contacts are stored on the phone.
I have 1,280 contacts on my iphone 4s, that shouldn't have anything to do with it, should it?
I wondered if I should delete everything and start all over again but I don't know how to erase what's there (even though it seems as if nothing is stored, as it takes a few minutes to download my phonebook each time) and re-pair the phone to the car.
Any suggestions or similar experiences will be gratefully received, as the stealers want me to bring it down and charge me an hours labour for diagnostic :mad:

Peterstu1 said:
Hi everyone, I'm back with my W219 '08 CLS63 AMG that I bought last November :devil: I have an issue that has developed with the MB Bluetooth, the Comand screen is no longer displaying the name of the inbound caller, it just displays the number. I took it down to MB last week and the tech couldn't understand what the trouble is. The only strange thing he noticed was that my phonebook downloads each time and that each entry (both number and name screen) shows the SIM icon to the left of each entry, even though all my contacts are stored on the phone. I have 1,280 contacts on my iphone 4s, that shouldn't have anything to do with it, should it? I wondered if I should delete everything and start all over again but I don't know how to erase what's there (even though it seems as if nothing is stored, as it takes a few minutes to download my phonebook each time) and re-pair the phone to the car. Any suggestions or similar experiences will be gratefully received, as the stealers want me to bring it down and charge me an hours labour for diagnostic :mad:

This same thing sometimes happens with my 4S on the iO PLAY 2 hands free kit in my work van. Normally incoming calls are shown as recognized through the phone book. But sometimes the same numbers are shown without name. I still haven't concluded the exact culprit but through some research, it seems to be a software conflict between the two devices.

Why not PM Alfie or give his shop a call? Or Richard? Forum sponsors Comand.co.uk in case you haven't spotted them. Top blokes with vast knowledge on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom