Comand hard drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave.tam

Car
A250 AMG & W205 C250d Sport with Premium Plus pack
Just a quick one....

Do I have to put music onto an SD card to download it onto the hard drive, or can I use a USB stick or CD or even another hard drive?

I never used the hard drive in my W204, but think I might as well in this one!

The Mrs civic was really easy, just pop in a CD, grace note gets all the info and it automatically stores the CD to the hard drive! MB seems to be a little more complicated lol

Cheers

I've wondered this too. Our E Class has Comand online but I don't think it has storage.

I'm pretty sure that if you have comand, you have the 10gb storage too.

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

W212 only works from cd's or pcmi (ntg4) has usb but won't copy from just play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you can burn a CD direct on to the hard drive? (No idea what pcmi is!)

If so, how?

Thanks in advance

...The Mrs civic was really easy, just pop in a CD, grace note gets all the info and it automatically stores the CD to the hard drive! ...

It would be interesting to know how they resolved the copyright issue...?

Unless this was a data CD with mp3 files, as opposed to Audio CD with audio tracks?

...No idea what pcmi is!...

I think he is referring to the PCMCIA slot in NTG4 - i.e. the slot when you can insert a PCMCIA card or a PCMCIA to SD-Card adapter.

Thanks.......I think! Haha

Still clueless lol gonna go google PCMCIA :)

My car has an SD card reader, I think that this is the only way to import music.

Would be easier if I read the manual, but where's the fun in that!?

My prev W212 E350 had comand online with a hard drive to store music on. My nee W212 E63 has comand ntg5 which does not permit uploading of music due to higher capacity usb ports . So i can only play music from cd, sd card or from a usb stick ( also from iphone via bkuetooth) . A backward step I would say. I liked having all my music on the hard drive.

Sorry, just realised that you have replaced your W204 with W205...

Yes that's right MJ

My prev W212 E350 had comand online with a hard drive to store music on. My nee W212 E63 has comand ntg5 which does not permit uploading of music due to higher capacity usb ports . So i can only play music from cd, sd card or from a usb stick ( also from iphone via bkuetooth) . A backward step I would say. I liked having all my music on the hard drive.

To be honest, I only assumed that the new comand online had a hard drive.....maybe it doesn't. :eek:

Just looked on the website, yes the comand online does still have the 10gb hard drive :)

Now.....to work out how to use it!

Just looked on the website, yes the comand online does still have the 10gb hard drive :)

Now.....to work out how to use it!

I believe COMAND hard drives are in fact 40gb... though the music store area is relatively small, the rest goes for the OS and Maps etc.

They do describe it as a 10GB music register :) but the other 30GB is useless if I can't use it lol

Although I've to transfer music on to the HDD Music Register whilst sat in the car in traffic and the like, I hadn't looked at the manual until this weekend.

I had thought it would convert music to MP3 from an oridinary music CD, but it seems the music must already be in MP3 format (or similar), and then it can be transferred from CD, SD, or USB. It may take a while for me to get round to trying it out though :)

It's probably easier to use a large capacity SD card to play music from, rather than bother transferring it to the HDD Music Register, as 10GB isn't actually that much in the context of 128GB SDXC cards.

So if I put a DVD in with music that's already in mp3 form, I can transfer it to the music register?

Do you know if it does it automatically, or if I need to do anything else?

...it seems the music must already be in MP3 format (or similar), and then it can be transferred from CD, SD, or USB. It may take a while for me to get round to trying it out though :)...

This is how it is in my COMAND NTG2.5, and yes it can take ages to copy over the music. I had hoped though that with newer COMAND I nits the copy process might be faster?

...It's probably easier to use a large capacity SD card to play music from, rather than bother transferring it to the HDD Music Register, as 10GB isn't actually that much in the context of 128GB SDXC cards.

And this is what I ended up doing - i.e. playing the music directly off the SD card.

If I'm honest I don't think the Comand online in our E220 is anything to shout about. The Becker Map pilot in our B Class was just as good. I'd have been really disappointed if I'd had paid for Comand had it not been standard.

Unless of course we're not using it right.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom