COMAND locking up with PCMCIA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kay187

Car
S-class 320 CDI
Hi,

I've just bought a PCMCIA card and CF card to listen to music in my S-class W221 and find whilst the COMAND finds/plays the mp3s fine, it eventually locks up where I can't navigate the card or play any radio.

This can happen at random times whilst playing or more likely to happen when choosing files from different folders on the CF card.

I need to either restart the car or reset the COMAND for it to play the files again. I'm using a decent quality Kingston CF card and have reformatted it a few times but I can't put my finger on whether it's the PCMCIA adaptor, CF card or the COMAND firmware at fault here.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Can you try with an SD Card? I have the PCMCIA with SD in my car which doesnt have this problem. Maybe the CF card speed is either too fast or too slow? It could be trail and error.

The only issue I've had with a TERA PCMCIA adapter and kingston sd card is the very occasional skipping of a track, but if I press the back button it will play it fine.

Can you try with an SD Card? I have the PCMCIA with SD in my car which doesnt have this problem. Maybe the CF card speed is either too fast or too slow? It could be trail and error.

I'd need to get a SD card adaptor but I could give this a try. The CF card is a decent 266x speed type card so I thought this would be a good one :dk:

The only issue I've had with a TERA PCMCIA adapter and kingston sd card is the very occasional skipping of a track, but if I press the back button it will play it fine.

Where did you buy your adaptor from? Mine's an EX-PRO bought from Amazon. I could return this and try another I guess as Amazon's CS is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom