Comand Navigation TMC symbol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tj80

Car
2011 C220 Saloon Sport (Facelift)
Hi,

First post here, new C-class driver! Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the different TMC status indicators mean on the satnav (Comand Online)? There are 5 blocks which "fill up" from left to right and look like a signal indicator or something, and the letters "TMC". I assume when the "TMC" indicator is missing there is no TMC signal being received, but when it is there it can be black or white - what does this mean? And what do the 5 blocks indicate?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Thanks, but it doesn't actually say (as far as I can see)!! It's the TMC status indicator at the bottom right of the map screen that I'm talking about rather than the traffic incident icons themselves.

Cheers,
Tim

Isn't it the mobile phone signal strength that appears on the bottom right when the map is fully opened out.

Richak said:
Isn't it the mobile phone signal strength that appears on the bottom right when the map is fully opened out.
Yes, the "bars" are the phone signal strength indicator and nothing to do with TMC, even though they're in the same "box" on the display.

Ah, so that replaces the signal meter in the top bar when the map is shown - makes sense (if not particularly intuitive!!). Presumably then the black TMC logo indicates out of date traffic data or something whilst white indicates "fresh" data is being received?

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom