comand ntg4. 5 and media interface problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
i have a 2013 cls with the ntg 4.5 comand online. I have two strange problems.

1) when powering up a large 2 is displayed in the top right hand corner for a few seconds.
2) when I connect any device , ipod classic, nano, and iPhone 6 or 6plus using b the media interface cable, and the apple 30 pin adapter I used to use in my 2010 cls I get a "no device connected" error

the car hasn't had any updates since it was new, and merc want to charge me to update the firmware, even though it's under a full 1 year mercedes warranty since I purchased it in december. i

is the firmware the cause or is it hardware, as it charges the devices ok?

Last edited:
It's worth trying a reset of the COMAND system (accessible from the System menu). It cured the "no device connected" problem on my wife's SLK55.

i have a 2013 cls with the ntg 4.5 comand online. I have two strange problems.

1) when powering up a large 2 is displayed in the top right hand corner for a few seconds.
2) when I connect any device , ipod classic, nano, and iPhone 6 or 6plus using b the media interface cable, and the apple 30 pin adapter I used to use in my 2010 cls I get a "no device connected" error

the car hasn't had any updates since it was new, and merc want to charge me to update the firmware, even though it's under a full 1 year mercedes warranty since I purchased it in december. i

is the firmware the cause or is it hardware, as it charges the devices ok?

You possibly have the wrong cables. there are a number of different types of media interface cable. Also its worth getting the firmware updated.

As the car is under warranty I would go back to the dealer and tell them its not working and you would like it fixed under the warranty. Leave them with your ipod device and ask them to call you when its fixed.

booked in, earliest is 4 weeks away. the cables and phones worked in my 219 with ntg 2.5 as media devices. tried two sets of cables both fro the 219 and ones that came with the 218. already did a reset and no change. Is the large 2 in the right hand corner displaying the current region setting of the dvd, don't recall it doing that before the reset?

also just checked the part number on the cables both the same and A0018278404 one says MI-G3-IPOD the other says MI-ipod/iphone.

2013 CLS could be MI2, thus need different cables.

Not sure what the '2' is, why don't you post a photo

Cheers
Richard

Cheers
Richard

how Richard
please see attached

df1f1d41d9b35fe7b85c73c5ca794a9d.jpg

isn't MI2 for ntg 5

cheers chris

Cheers
Richard

NTG5 uses USB. MI/MI2 use that oblong connector. MI2 was around 2013 and was a new media interface box (I never found out what extra it gave but I think video features as they changed the cabling around that area to something better) but the cables changed and the wrong cables wont work.

I have never seen that '2' before. I suspect that is some sort of error but as I say I have never seen this before (and I have seen Japanese error message on COMAND before ..)

Cheers

Richard

I will contact the dealer as it looks like they have given me the wrong cables the mercedes website states the kit should be A1668270204 I appear to have another set of the one for the 219 ntg 2.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom