COMAND NTG4 & Nokia Lumia 930

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaunB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
Guys

Anyone on here successfully imported their contacts from their phone?

The import external data option is greyed out.
Infact similar to this thread
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/96260-importing-contacts-into-comand.html

So rather than revive an old thread I thought I'd start my own.

I accept that the phone doesn't allow this service, but before I buy a pcmcia card, should that actually work.
And how does one access this hidden engineers menu?

Cheers in advance

You should not accept that the phone doesn't allow importing contacts (unless your service provider has crippled the phone).

I've used Lumia 830 and much older phones with NTG4 (and older and more recent COMANDs) without issues.

I assume you have paired the phone with COMAND and phone calls are OK. Do you have the comfort telephony option or standard BT HF via the head unit?

Yeah, phone paired and can make and receive calls no problem.
I haven't seen comfort telephony mentioned anywhere, and there's no cradles either, so I'll assume its standard just.

Last edited:
Just to add, I used this phone with viseeo mb-4 in previous car, so that would in theory eliminate phone provider issues.

I had similar problem with Lumia 535.
Eventually solved it by changing something on Settings menu on the phone. For the life of me I can't remember what change it was, but suddenly all contacts appeared on Comand.

I just purchased cheap PCMCIA & flash card card and used that to import the contacts - worked a treat.
Plus I can now chuck a load of music on it the card if I want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom