COMAND - oh dear!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BimMerc

:rolleyes: I opened up the lid off my COMAND 2.0 so see what was causing the sticking in the mechanism..... :rock:

However to my horror :eek: a little piece of plastic about 1mm in size was sat on the main board at the bottom - strange I thought, maybe its just something that got in... :confused:

Anyway I checked around the CD drive, and found a little latch which appears to have this bit missing, I looked and it appears if the plastic has been stressed. The piece I believe if used to lock and hold the cogs?

I will be posting some piccys shortly - please help!
Is my COMAND now only worthy of the bin??

CD drives are pretty much generic things. I'd be very surprised if Mercedes make their own preferring to use ready manufactured components (Samsung or Mitsumi are favourites). Check around the PCB and on the components to see if there is any clue to it's origin then check any old PC CD drives you may have lying around for similar components. I can't believe that we threw about 6 old drives I'd removed from various computers last week :(

HTH

Andy

Okay guys I am posting some pic up.

You can see where (the square box) I have highlighted, the little bit has come from.

I wonder if it will be okay if I just superglue it back and hope for the best? It appears to lock a cog into plce for whatever reason, think it will make much difference?

thanks all!

Some pics hopefully..... loading?

Attachments

• comandcd.JPG
    comandcd.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 52
  • commside.JPG
    commside.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 40
  • coomandside.JPG
    coomandside.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 38