Comand "phone error" with Viseeo MBU-1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kenwin

Car
W220 S320 CDI (April 2001)
Hi,

The 2001 S320 CDI I recently bought did not have a telephone handset although I'm pretty sure the fitted 'phone cradle is for a Nokia 6150, so I bought a Viseeo MBU-1000 bluetooth adaptor to use my Sony Ericsson W508 mobile. Comand shows 'phone error' when I press the 'Tel' button. I tried both software A and B but no difference. I'm new to cars with telephone pre-wired. Am I missing something?

Hope someone can be of help.

Have you paired the MBU and the phone - and is the bluetooth light on solid (on the viseeo)

It should just work (probaby on A setting)

RIchard

Sorry, should have mentioned that COMAND also says 'No phone', even though MBU-1000 is seated perfectly within the cradle. Same message when the cradle was empty. I've not seen any lights on the MBU-1000 so unable to pair. Only had it delivered a couple of days but could it be a dud MBU-1000? Or how to check if it's a problem with the telephone pre-wired? Sorry if I seem such a noddy!

Just ordered mains charger for Nokia 6150 off ebay for 1.99 (incl. 1st class postage!) to test whether or not I have a dud MBU-1000. Will update shortly after it arrives.

Sorry, should have mentioned that COMAND also says 'No phone', even though MBU-1000 is seated perfectly within the cradle. Same message when the cradle was empty. I've not seen any lights on the MBU-1000 so unable to pair. Only had it delivered a couple of days but could it be a dud MBU-1000? Or how to check if it's a problem with the telephone pre-wired? Sorry if I seem such a noddy!

I had that problem with my E55 - kept getting the 'No Phone' message. Got it checked on a Star system and it turned out to be the Phone module under the boot not functioning. The technician unplugged the unit for 20 mins then reconnected it (which seemed to get it to reboot to default settings) and immediately my Nokia 6310i worked. :)

Its worth a try anyway .....

you have probably already checked this but is the Viseoo set for the correct phone? There are two setting switches 1&2 each of which can be in two positions. I had to set my in a particular order otherwise no phone was registered.

Hi Trainer,

If you mean the software settings A or B, then yes I already tried both settings.

Actually there are three possible settings and I found mine only worked in setting C, 1 OFF, 2 ON

Thanks amwebby. I'll try setting C but I'm pretty sure that I have the 6150 cradle requiring the dummy antenna.

Update...

Just ordered mains charger for Nokia 6150 off ebay for 1.99 (incl. 1st class postage!) to test whether or not I have a dud MBU-1000. Will update shortly after it arrives.

Okay. So got the Nokia 6150 mains charger (heavy thing it is!) and MBU-1000 definitely works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom