Comedians.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Who is your current favourite comedian?

The guy who makes me laugh out loud and is very under rated is Sean Lock.

Others I like are Mickey Flanagan, Richard Ayoade and Sarah Millican.
Billy Connolly was brilliant in his prime but isn't around much now with his health issues.

Here is a one video of Sean Lock live
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Billy Connolly was brilliant in his prime perhaps pipped by Eddie Izzard in his. No real front runners for me at the mo.

Don't really have one.

I like Lee Mack, Julian Clary, Joe Lycett, Jack Dee, Tom Allen, Jimmy Carr and Omid Djalili.

I've only found Sean Lock funny on 8 Out Of 10 Cats for some reason.

Jim Jeffries is crude but the only comedian in recent times who's actually made me cry with laughter. Not for the easily offended.

Yeah Sean Lock is in my top 5 too.

I like Sean Lock, Frankie Boyle, Charlie Brooker, David Mitchell and Jimmy Carr, and then dozens of others too including Jim Jefferies, Flanagan, McIntyre, etc.

I can't think of a comedian we don't like in this house. Anyone who tries to make people laugh for a living in my book deserves a break.

Love all those listed above.

Jon Richardson and his OCD ways.

Joe wilkinson cracks me up.

Rhod Gillbert (Google 'the suitcase clip')

Laughter really is the best Medicine.

We really enjoy past and present 'Taskmaster'.

On a side note. We spent Friday night YouTube'ing 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks'. Mainly to be reminded of Sean huges (after his recent passing). Loved that show and the various presenters on it.

Shooting Stars also brings back great memories.

(Sorry Roger, I know you asked for current but I can't forget the past)

Sean Locke is brilliant - check out his favourite shop story - Lidl.
Eddie Izzard and Peter Kaye are also brilliantly funny.
I just don’t get John Bishop or Michael Macintyre. They seem to dine out on their accents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention the whimsical musical genius that is Bill Bailey. Saw him last year at The Sands Centre in Carlisle.

Showing my age with my all time fav Tommy Cooper - plus Peter Cook and Dudley Moore (Derek and Clive live still has me in hysterics).

And more recently Jack Dee. Also Aziz Ansari from the US. Although some of his stuff is very close to the bone and makes Frankie Boyle seem a bit tame at times.

Sean Locke is brilliant - check out his favourite shop story - Lidl.
Eddie Izzard and Peter Kaye are also brilliantly funny.
I just don’t get John Bishop or Michael Macintyre. They seem to dine out on their accents.

I agree with all of that.
Sean is married to a friend of a friend of my wife's. I've met him once, he's a lovely chap. Down to earth ... a quote (from his non-media, non- celeb wife) "it's not like he's curing cancer!"

I have to add Harry Hill to the list.
I saw him a few times in the late 90s, before he became mainstream (..into TV).
His 'anecdotal routine' precision and craft was quite outstanding.

+1 for Micky Flanagan.

Never get tired of watching Back in the Game - brilliant.

I agree with all of that.
Sean is married to a friend of a friend of my wife's. I've met him once, he's a lovely chap. Down to earth ... a quote (from his non-media, non- celeb wife) "it's not like he's curing cancer!"

I have to add Harry Hill to the list.
I saw him a few times in the late 90s, before he became mainstream (..into TV).
His 'anecdotal routine' precision and craft was quite outstanding.

Oh yes Harry Hill. One of the funniest guys on the planet with a swear box!!!

My favourites would I be fairly divisive as I’m a huge Franky Boyle. I used to think Jimmy Car was good when he first appeared but he’s seems a bit too much of a celebrity now

I actually love the Ricky Gervaise shows he’s done although his last, Science was his weakest.

Other than that, Sean Locke is very good and Micky Flannigan cracks me up. Dara O’Brien was very good when I saw him live, highly intelligent guy.

A vote for the good old days. Tommy Cooper for me and the only one who was anywhere near the master, Dave Allen. Just don't really get the current crop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom