Comfort Box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had one in all my W212's - they're really great :thumb:

I'd never heard of them until I stumbled on a random "easy upgrades" page - and only found one for sale in the UK, but was in poor nick. This one was imported from the US when I found a reasonable deal. Marvelous bit of engineering silliness :)
(and of course, transferrable)

Do they have an option code number?

What's it for? Stopping things sliding around in the boot? What's the "comfort" bit about? :dk:

Pretty much stopping stuff rolling about. I think comfort is just for ease of use, but otherwise it's a box, albeit a clever one.

Yeah it looks cool, with the descending mechanism and all. Very expensive though.

The cargo net is probably better value, but I like the idea. - I wonder if this is the "rear drawer" I saw in the options catalogue for the CLK (and which I've never seen for sale)?

Looks cool but not very practical. A folding crate holds the same amount of space in the boot and can be taken out with the load not just filled and emptied like the comfort box. Costco sell the sturdiest crates I've seen so far. They are made in Luxembourg of all places.

A budget alternative would be a folding crate with four 45mm round velcro (hook) pads - I had this for a few years and it's great. Never moves, regardless of what is loaded in, and takes no space at all when folded down.

p/n B6 647 0995

The back of my Xsara Picasso has a similar thing. Never thought of using it in situ, I'll give it a go next time I have something loose in the back. Thank you.

CHEERS

Interesting just what do you AMG guys carry around as personal stuff in the boot,in the boot of my W221 S 320 I have two small nets either side of the boot which allows small items and cleaning materials,and then I have the most useful part of the car in the boot,a nylon double hook that folds down from the top of the boot to hang shopping bags,a fantastic idea,as regard a comfort box,not sure how much they cost but on ebay I would look at 222570082043 seems ideal,of course it is not OEM.

Lol, saw this on the MB accessories site and thought it was a bit pricey for a shallow tray :doh:

Interesting just what do you AMG guys carry around as personal stuff in the boot
A collapsible umbrella and a supermarket carrier bag (I'm tight, and object to paying 5p for a bag if I call in to the supermarket on the way home to pick up supplies).

We can get a weekly supermarket shop for two in the Easy-Pack boot box when fully extended to the boot floor, and nothing escapes. It has far more capacity than the folding crates (we have one in Angie's SLK55) and when not in use the whole of the boot floor remains free of clutter.

The cargo net is probably better value, but I like the idea. - I wonder if this is the "rear drawer" I saw in the options catalogue for the CLK (and which I've never seen for sale)?

No, the rear drawer is a shallowish drawer fitted underneath the parcel shelf, and similar poor value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom