Command APS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73mt

Car
2010 C350 CDI Sport sold , 2015 E250 CDI AMG Line Sold
I retro fitted command in my car approx. 4 years back. its currently running v13 and have updated from v9/10 I think. Is it true hat v14 maps can only be installed on units from 2008 ??? if so can anybody work out my units date of manufactor using the picture attached??

thanks

Paul

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 14
Yes that is ture. The comand units fitted in cars prior to October 2009 build can only go to V12.

Your comand unit is from a 2010 vehicle so should be fine to go straight to V14.

Great Alfie May thanks for the info but I have buggered my command unit :( when I was installing (I took the chance as I had v13 on it anyway) it got to 39% then read error. cleaned disc and tried again but nothing at all. all it does now is turn on and the radio will turn on then it will go off, it then says please remove disc and press CCE

error info of main (00001201)
parser error
-CD info no found
(14) cd-info not found

the cd I borrow looked genuine but now I'm thinking it wasn't.

Plugged star in and there's no sum check

tried to update it going through engineering mode and hope it would boot from v13 but cant access it at all just looping

Sadly, it seems you have discovered what can happen with copy disks, which the vendors of the disks claims never happens (and we often get told we're talking rubbish!)

I'd go and see Alfie and see if he can revive it with genuine disks and Star Diagnosis - sometimes we've managed ..

Cheers

Richard

so if I was to buy a set from Mercedes or yourselves It wouldn't pick up from where it left off so to speak??

It may or may not. There seem to be critical points during map installs (which themselves install some firmware) where read errors (or perhaps bad data) can cause things to fail permanently. If it is in the state where it keeps restarting and you don't have time to enter engineering mode or start a star diagnosis session, then it may be unrecoverable.

Richard

I see you have star, can you actually establish a diagnosis session and do a control unit log.?

yes I can talk to it and at the end of one screen (sorry great information) theres a box labelled 'check sum' both these boxes said 'not present' I did try to restart the unit but I got stopped as no online connection to head office.

also would it be looking for v14 disc's or could I put in v13 as I have these somewhere ???

Last edited:
Well cut a long story short I went to commandonline and thanks to Richard , Mark and Chris managed to revive my command unit. Many thanks guys !!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom