Command sat nav showing speed limit possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevehg

My previous car's in built sat nav showed the speed limit on the map and in the centre of dash display. I noticed that I missed the speed/traffic sign option in the extras list when ordering, so option to display in dash is not an available, but is there a way to display the speed limit on the sat nav map that I'm missing in the settings?

It's a 2014 e-class if that helps for version of Command.

thanks, Steve

I believe that's Traffic Sign assist and available with Comand online but only for certain models

I believe that's Traffic Sign assist and available with Comand online but only for certain models

Yes, I'd realised that after the event that I needed this if I wanted speed limit in dash binnacle along with traffic signs. Question is can you display the speed limit in sat nav display on command screen? I ask as it's there in the sat nav data and available to display on most sat nav systems, but doesn't seem to be there on command sat nav.

cheers, Steve

I have speed limit assist in my W166, and it does display on Comand as well as the binnacle cluster.

With speed limit assist though it is live data picked up by the speed limit camera, and displayed.

Without speed limit assist, it would only be able to take speed limits from the map data, if they exist, and I have no idea if that could be done.

Question is can you display the speed limit in sat nav display on command screen?
AFAIK, this is only available if you have Speed Limit Assist on the car.

I have it in my ML and even temporary speed limit signs get displayed on the command screen so I presume it's gathered from the on board camera rather than from map data.

Seems odd though that the map data doesn't have speed limits displayed as the system has to know them in order to calculate journey times.

Yes, I'd realised that after the event that I needed this if I wanted speed limit in dash binnacle along with traffic signs. Question is can you display the speed limit in sat nav display on command screen? I ask as it's there in the sat nav data and available to display on most sat nav systems, but doesn't seem to be there on command sat nav.

cheers, Steve

Did you get the COMAND manual with the car?

I have it in my ML and even temporary speed limit signs get displayed on the command screen so I presume it's gathered from the on board camera rather than from map data.

Seems odd though that the map data doesn't have speed limits displayed as the system has to know them in order to calculate journey times.

The system doesn't have to know the the fixed limits as it can use the road clasification to calculate speed.

My 2004 car has no knowledge of speed limits and thus always over-estimates the time for me to drive the A3, which is dual carriageway.

A more modern car should have access to speed limit data, though. Audis display the map data for limits if the speed sign camera cannot discern the posted limit.

Audis display the map data for limits if the speed sign camera cannot discern the posted limit.
COMAND with Speed Limit Assist does the same. COMAND also uses the cartography data to interpret what the "national speed limit" sign means according to the locale and the class of road, e.g. UK single carriageway = 60mph; UK dial carriageway = 70mph; German single carriageway = 100kph; German Autobahn = GLF(*)

(*) = Go Like F... ;) :D

Reviving this thread, I have a 2016 AMG GLS63 with Traffic Sign Recognition, it shows up on the cluster but how do i get it on the Comand map too please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom