Command unit "Mercedes" to "AMG" start up issue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

estate-agent

Car
W203 270 CDI Wagon - previously CLK 320 CDI Sport
Hi All,

Hopefully not too dumb a post here. I was browsing youtube and came across instruction on how to make the Sat/Nav turn on with the AMG logo rather than Mercedes.

Followed instruction on the Tube from Killerhertz from the forum but it didn't work on my car.

His instruction were for a W211 with NGT1

My car is a CLK 320 CDI Sport (2009) with an NGT1 but couldn't find any on the net and expected it to be exactly the same to be honest.

Anyone have instruction on how to do this on my CLK?

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention it has Harman Kardon speakers (not that it'll make any odds I wouldn't imagine).

I didn't manage to get very far,

position 1 (presumably one before ignition lights etc), stereo was on radio. pressed "Serv" and got to options (addrees book & system).

From here I tried the 3 buttons in your sequence and held them in, waited but nothing happens. In fact what did happen is from then on no buttons worked at all until I turned off unit and re started it then it was back to normal.

Tried a few times but no luck.

It doesn't work because a CLK320Cdi isn't an AMG:D

Being serious, are you sure a 2009 is an NTG1 ?
I have a feeling you have NTG2.

If there is no seperate drive in the boot for the navigation disc then you have NTG2

Ah.... Yes NTG2 then :doh:

I'll start again then..... Anyone know how it's done on NTG2 ??

:D

I cannot afford a real AMG, To be honest I have no interest in the petrol variants and I won't lie to you.... I can't afford one to buy, run, repair, or insure.

It has AMG mats so may as well have an AMG start up display on the sat/nav too. :D :D :D

If the 5 3 7 combination doesn't work, I really don't know if its possible on that model Comand.

Thanks for the reply.

Oh well, like you say.... AMG it is not to be!!

Sorry.

How about removing the CDi boot badge and sticking an AMG badge on.

Bobs your Uncle, you have your AMG:thumb:

Lol I was about to say why do you want to change the comand logo to AMG :crazy: if you don't have an amg :dk:

Can I make this procedure in my W211 E 270 cdi 2003 ?

If you have NTG1 then yes you can.
Follow the instructions in the Youtube video posted above to get it right.
Do it wrong and you could ruin your unit.

Lol I was about to say why do you want to change the comand logo to AMG :crazy: if you don't have an amg :dk:

I saw a C250d with a Black Series AMG badge on it last night. If I had been quick enough at the traffic lights I'd have got a photo.
I think those that have them know the differences.:D

To be fair I wasn't overly fussed about the logo change, more amazed at how many gizmos are on the car and looking through stuff on the internet regarding CLK 320 CDI I came across the video of command logo change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom